ZX 16v Side Skirts

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wilkobob
My Cars:

ZX 16v Side Skirts

Post by wilkobob »

Will ZX 16v Side Skirts - found on ebay item #7944025034 (I believe are off a 3 door) fit a 5 door?
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

off a 16v which is 3 door only. Did wonder for a min if it was rossnunn selling on the ones I sold him a month ago but dont think so :D
Guess they would fit a 5 door but you will need to make up some kinda clips or glue them on somehow as only the 16v has the mounting bits underneath I believe
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

I got plenty of "body kit glue" left from fitting a spoiler, so no worries about attaching em to the car I wouldnt have thought. Just wondered if they would fit, if they will then I may purchase, Cheers
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Well I see no reason why the shouldnt as the gaps between the arches etc must be the same on the 3/5 doors but may be an idea to get some measurements off him so you can have a more indepth look
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

lol nope not me! I haven't really thought about fitting anything yet. I'm still thinking engine replacement & insurance costs if I do. Then there is doors to spray & hang etc etc! lol
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

I can do the measurements for you. I have both a 3 door & a 4 (farthers written off zx)
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Well Im gonna get em I think, if they dont go silly. At the end of the day if they dont fit then il just have to ebay em again. I have measured a 3 door and a 5 door and they are the same, just though with the 2.0 16v being the only zx to have them I thought they may be something special. Cheers for the replies,
Simon
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Ah good Ross, emailed you earlier sutterly to try and find out heh as the blokes now put his rear arches up as well and it looks like you got quite a bargain! but no problem, hope the car looks good when its done :) Curious as to how on earth you would pack the side skirts as well to courier them lol, far simpler to have them collected like you did
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

true, I suppose you could wrap them in cardboard or just good bubble wrap.
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Well if id won em, id probably have fetched them (cheaper to fetch than £15)... also, dont think theyd look too good if they were all smashed up! (couriers being as heavy handed as they are)
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I ship a lot of computer equipment in my job and quite a few times things have been totally destroyed. You watch a courier trying to find your parcel outside work and they just chuck others around their vans!
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

yep we sent a External Hard drive through parcel farce! & when it arrvied the thing was in bits in the bottom of the box. The insurance wouldn't payout because we 'didn't pack it properly' oh please We've been doing it for years!! lol
Hence the 200miles+ round trip to pick the bodykit up - can you imagine if that boot lid went through a courier!
Oh got the spoiler off! Took a brave pill and tapped the spline round with a hammer and it undid & the glass is still in one piece! lol