Local Sphere Supplier?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ninebob

Local Sphere Supplier?

Post by ninebob »

The ride quality of my 1996P Xantia 1.6LX is terrible, the back end in particular is very bouncy and jars quite sharply with each bump in the road. I'm told that this is not a big deal to rectify (just needs replacement spheres) but I have a couple of questions:
1. How many spheres does my particular model have?
2. Can anyone recommend me somewhere to get it done? I have heard good things about Westroen Manchester and their website suggests £25 a sphere including fitting which seems excellent, but they're a fair bit of distance to travel. I'm in Grantham, Lincolnshire.
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ninebob</i>

The ride quality of my 1996P Xantia 1.6LX is terrible, the back end in particular is very bouncy and jars quite sharply with each bump in the road. I'm told that this is not a big deal to rectify (just needs replacement spheres) but I have a couple of questions:
1. How many spheres does my particular model have?
2. Can anyone recommend me somewhere to get it done? I have heard good things about Westroen Manchester and their website suggests £25 a sphere including fitting which seems excellent, but they're a fair bit of distance to travel. I'm in Grantham, Lincolnshire.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Try Pleiades in Sawtry, Cambs - do a search on this site for address and phone number, or use
http://www.pleiades.uk.com/
for info. They are about 40 miles from you.
jack.dempsey
My Cars: BX TZD @ 250K miles (J reg),
Xantia TD @ 165K miles (R reg),
Xantia 2.1 TD (R reg)
and tow a caravan with them all (not at the same time)

Post by jack.dempsey »

You could also try "ABCZX..." in Lincoln. They've always been fine with any work they've done for me. You'll find them in the Lincoln Phone book (the're just off the Lincoln bypass - on Doddington Road).