xantia cluch questin on t/d

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ukmobileman
My Cars:

xantia cluch questin on t/d

Post by ukmobileman »

the dreaded clutch needs doing do i really need the special tool to fit the release bearing to the release lever or is there a way round it ?
beezer

Post by beezer »

Is it a push clutch? If it is a pull clutch the bearing is fixed to the diapragm.
ukmobileman
My Cars:

Post by ukmobileman »

its a pull type. according to book of lies ! you need a tool to engage the forks of acuator lever by turning it 90 degrees or something ?! i have done loads of clutches of normall push type just not sure on this one - don't wanna pull itapart and be left witout a car !
beezer

Post by beezer »

The actuator actually engages itself so long as the bearing is in the proper orientation. There is a hole at the bottom of the gearbox where you can see if it is all lined up. You have to remove the actuator arm (the bit the clutch cable attaches to) so that the forks can swing clear of the bearing on removing and replacing the gearbox. There is a pin holding the actuator arm to the fork shaft. It is 7mm diameter and I had a bit of bother getting the old one out. I used an old screwdriver with the blade cut off that happened to have a 7mm shaft and stuck that in the hole when replacing the box. This allowed me to swing the forks into place but it was not needed. It did help to ensure the shaft was clear of the bearing as it went in as you could judge the position by the screwdriver. When you have the gearbox out it is easy to see how it goes back together.
If you have done plenty of boxes then I can't see you having too hard a time with a pull clutch.
ukmobileman
My Cars:

Post by ukmobileman »

cheers mate understand alot better now , clear instructions , all that was needed! why can't they get someone who has a clue to write the text in the book of lies!?
beezer

Post by beezer »

No probs. Good luck! The problems you may have will be getting the accumulator sphere out of the road and getting the selector mechanism past the subframe. Citroen don't make things easy!