ZX Speakers

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

ZX Speakers

Post by rossnunn »

Ok, Can you fit 170mm fronts with little mods?
Cheers
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Whats wrong with the original Citroen ones?
shezads

Post by shezads »

I have just bought a set of components for my zx for the front. These are the same size as the originals (130 mm of the top of my head). I think you may be able to fit 170mm speakers in, but may need to trim some of the plastic away.
What you need to look out for is the magnet size. I was about to get 170mm ones for mine, but decided to play it safe, so there is no hassle.
If you get some decent 130mm's - these should be fine. I bought some Infinity kappa series 50.2 components- bargain from ebay - used - but nearly half price compared to new[8D]. I will wire these up to an amp that I have to drive them. I don't want loud thumping boy racer music - just decent sound.
I am planning to replace the rears with normal coaxial speakers - not sure what size yet as I haven't looked to see if bigger ones will fit.
The problem with the originals is that they don't give brilliant sound quality. I don't mean to get Max powerish[V] or anything - just wanted better sound. A properly setup system, even with a modest budget (like mine) - will go a long way.