ZX Soundproofing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DarkendViper

ZX Soundproofing

Post by DarkendViper »

Hi all,
I've got ZX's, a 2.0i Volcane 3 door and a 1.9i Volcane 5 door. I was after a way to soundproof the 3 door one as it has quite a few rattles and bits of noise. Could someone advise the best areas to soundproof and what with.
The area that the noise is coming from is the doors and rear panels. Boot floor could also be a culprit.
Ste
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

Car audio sound deadening sheet worked for me. There are various brands out there, varying in cost!! It's all the same stuff....sheets of tar with some form of backing, normally foil.
I just got some of the cheapest I could find, remove the door panel and look for area to stick small sheets. The more small sheets you can get on the panel the better the overall coverage, in terms of vibration control.
You have to warm the sheet till it becomes maleable and then force it to the contours of the panel. The pros use rollers to achieve this...the sheet has to be completely adhered to the panel, or it won't do its job. I forced mine into the contours with my fingers and knuckles, best to wear gloves though the foil can be sharp!!
Also look at all the clips that hold the wiring harness and door release bars, they have a tendency to rattle.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

Easy:
^ Step 1: Remove all panelwork ^
^ Step 2: Fill with expanding foam! ^
Step 3: Trim & sand down.
Job Done!