Xantia Internal Temp Fan

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Xantia Internal Temp Fan

Post by RichardW »

Xantia VSX TD arrives........few niggles, of course[:p]
Needs a new accumulator sphere urgently - have bought one, but any tips on getting access to get the old one off appreciated - looks like Citroen thought it would be a good idea to position the feed pipe right where you'd get the tool on - thanks then! The ride isn't quite right at the moment, but got to get the accumulator changed first to see what effect that has.
The climate control doesn't! I've got the all or nothing symptoms at the moment - yesterday it was full heat unless on 'cold', today it was full cold unless on 'hot'. I tried working the slider, but that has not had any effect - sensor fan out next I guess - can it just be prised out with a pair of screwdrivers?
It's a nice smooth drive though, and the hydractive certainly makes it go around corners nicely [}:)]
23/12: had a look last night - I guess I need to get the radio out to get the sensor out. Haven't got a radio code though - is there a way of decoding them from the serial number or something, or do I need to remove body parts and go to the stealer?
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

I presume you know the trick about how to depressurise the system on the hydractive suspension? Collapse suspension, loosen 12mm bleed bolt, open door and allow engine to run for a couple of minutes?
Real trap coming from a BX I can tell you.
If a problem to loosen, give it a clout on the side with a steel ended screwdriver or cold chisel to initially loosen.
Alan S
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Have you seen this thread - not sure you have the same problem though
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... C_ID=10746
jeremy
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Thanks for the tip Alan - I might have been in for an LHM shower otherwise...!
Jeremy, yep, that's exactly the problem, except sometimes it's cold, others hot. There was another similar thread, but neither came to any conclusions. Looks like some investigation will be required.
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

I don't really know the answer to your radio code woes, but remember seeing hundreds of radio decode aadverts in the auto trader et al. It might be worth phoning a couple to find out the procedure. You could also call the dealer and ask how much THEY charge, but if it's anything like the price of anything else I think I would be warm, but sing!!
xantiav6

Post by xantiav6 »

You can get the sensor out without removing the radio. The clock will pop out with a bit of gentle prying, allowing access to apply a bit more persuasion to the sensor unit.
If you contact the dealer who originally sold your car, they will probably have a record of the radio code and give it to you for free. Other dealers have to go to the Citroen UK database which costs about £12.
jack.dempsey
My Cars: BX TZD @ 250K miles (J reg),
Xantia TD @ 165K miles (R reg),
Xantia 2.1 TD (R reg)
and tow a caravan with them all (not at the same time)

Post by jack.dempsey »

If you pop the radio out and make a note of the serial number (and make) I might be able to give you the code - 'cos its christmas. Hurrah ! Save you a few bob ![:)]
dieseldes
My Cars:

Post by dieseldes »

I have a 98 Xantia TD estate and while in getting bulbs a few weeks ago I asked for the radio code, one chassis no. later, 2 secs on the computer and I was given the Radio code. No charge.
Des
jack.dempsey
My Cars: BX TZD @ 250K miles (J reg),
Xantia TD @ 165K miles (R reg),
Xantia 2.1 TD (R reg)
and tow a caravan with them all (not at the same time)

Post by jack.dempsey »

I have a clever peice of software which when presented with the make of radio and the radio serial number (usually stamped onto the case) it returns the radio code - dead easy eh ! That assumes that the radio hasn't been recoded at some time due to it being totally locked (exceeded the maximum number of attempts). And to think that I've paid £20 plus vat in the past to have MY radio code revealed to me.