digital tyre pressure gauge

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kid
My Cars:

digital tyre pressure gauge

Post by kid »

hi
as the topic suggests im after the above for my car, does anyone have any ideas?
regards
mucky

Post by mucky »

Try E Bay!!!!
kid
My Cars:

Post by kid »

yep tried there!
just to clarify im after one which can be checked and air added if required, seems the ones on ebay are just checks.
ill try my local as*a supermarket for a manaul pump version as there normally fairy cheap.
not to convinced by the petrol station ones as they may bleep but cant check accuarcy of machine + tyres are not fully cold.
cheers anyway
beezer

Post by beezer »

kid
My Cars:

Post by kid »

thanks, but a bit out of my league what i was after was a footpump(could not think of the name!)
i think this robust cutting edge design will do the job, i dont have a flat tyre (yet) but just want something for regular safety checks at home.
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/store ... kfrom=name
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Footpumps - excellent devices but the problem with all these things is how accurate is the gauge? Having said that if you measure your pressures at home and then drive 5 miles you will probably find they are 3 or so psi higher! You will also find that no 2 gauges give the same reading and even almost new ones will vary by 3 psi or so.
A pump is a bit clumsy for checking pressures as opposed to inflation. One of these is better for checking:
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/search.asp?q=tyre+pressure
Or for luxury and convenience - the second of these:
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/search.asp ... t&x=19&y=9
jeremy
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

I'd go for the Michelin combined pump and gauge - i don't think a company with such a high market profile could afford to sell a duff product. . .
//NiSk
beezer

Post by beezer »

If you have, or a friend or relative has, a Makro card you can get a 12v compressor as cheap as the footpump. Analogue gauge is about as accurate (not extremely) as the footpump too. Save your foot for the pedals!
kid
My Cars:

Post by kid »

ok ill go for footpump along with the tyre checker from machine mart,
this should give accuarte readings and be cheaper than the other products, circa £9, as oppposed to the £25 for the other products
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I brought a Michelin foot pump,single barrel.Auto Express magazine did a product test,& the Michelin was the best & most accurate of them all.Got their best buy award.I do wish i got the double barrel version though.The single barrel was about £12 2 yrs ago.
beezer

Post by beezer »

Erm...I think NiSk was referring to a 12v compressor and gauge combined rather than a footpump.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Sorry beezer,pc settings wouldn`t let me view above link.Have done now though.Changed above post.
Silly me.
beezer

Post by beezer »

You got one of those anti-pop-up settings too? Can be a pain when following links.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I`ve got every thing on here,gets on `me nerves after a while[:(!].Still,better to be safe than sorry.I`ve had just about every bug going.Been fine for a few months now though(touching wood)[:)]
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Try Mozilla Firefox instead of I.E. - you'll never go back there again!
//NiSk