Hmmm stereo beeping...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stevieb5796
My Cars:

Hmmm stereo beeping...

Post by stevieb5796 »

Hi,
This just happened to me on my way home, and it happened the other day too. Randomly when the radio came on it just beeped fairly slow steady beeps. I changed the station to another one of the preset stations and it was fine and then when I put it back to the orignal one it worked fine.
The screen still shows all the normal stuff when I start the ignition, still had southern (the radio station lol) written on the screen and FM and all that. So no idea what that's all about.
Anyone?
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Its more than likely that the radio was set to traffic info (TA), but the station being received did not support this function. To stop the beeping just turn the TA off.
stevieb5796
My Cars:

Post by stevieb5796 »

I think TA was on actually, but I know that southern FM support that as it has switched before from them, and I think to them on one occasion when traffic stuff has come on.
Not a massive problem, as soon as i get my hands on an adapter plate I will put my cd player in, just wondering why it's doing it...
gardenpeas
My Cars:

Post by gardenpeas »

is your radio DAB i heard that traffic info is not yet supported digitally it just beeps