front grill styling

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by davek-uk</i>

Similarly I have seen the pre-facelift bonnet and grill on cars with facelift bumpers and side trim.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
This appears to be one, bit of a crap photo though;
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/dp ... 7172266497
It does look like its got the earlier type bumpers, but the spec includes side airbags, and of course an HDi engine, so it seems to be a series 2 apart from the front end!
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

When I worked for Ford, one day they found a load of pre-facelift galaxys, which they gave us to sell at Dagenham Motors. They were about 2 years after the new one had come out, and stuck a shed load of dealer support behind them so we could sell them off cheap, even though they were registered as brand new.
I suppose the answer would be to check the VIN and then find out the build date.
As to the early ones (Xantias)Just before the '98 facelift, I understand they were fitted with completely coloured bumpers (although they aren't stricly facelift as they have the old fog lights)
Ford did a similar thing with the 1999 Fiesta facelift, by fitting the new dash and interior to the last few (thousand?) before starting the exterior facelift.
I think it a case of fitting what's laying around........
IN answer to NIck's question, I reckon Citroen found a load of old cars, took them back in and gave them a makeover before selling them off new - cheap.
I saw a facelift xantia on ebay the other day with black bumper inserts like the mkI, however this could have just been a cheap answer to scuffed original inserts - don't bother painting the new ones!