xantia rear screen washer

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mallyg
My Cars:

xantia rear screen washer

Post by mallyg »

I have an M reg Xantia Dimension that has a fault with the rear screen washer. the motor is working but no water comes through.can anyone tell me where the pipe is routed through so I can trace the blockage. I have started at the rear screen but where does it go from there.And where is the motor for the washer located. Thanks
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

The holes in the arm where the water squirts from are very small and prone to blocking. Try removing the small cover on the wiper arm where it pivots, then lever off the round plastic cover underneath to see wheteher you have water up to that point. My money is on the jets being blocked.
adzbaby
My Cars:

Post by adzbaby »

I'd second that!
Most likely that the jet fixed to the underneath of the wiper is blocked, its very fine bored. My one was blocked and required some soaking in hot water & plenty of trumpet blowing power!! ;)
mallyg
My Cars:

Post by mallyg »

I have already checked at the rear screen wiper arm, no water is coming up to that point, any other suggestions please
zorgman
My Cars:

Post by zorgman »

ill watch the answers here as well mines the same. used 100psi from the pump end and no joy tried it from the wiper end and no joy either its as tho theres a kink somewhere so i got some fine stiff wire and started to push up the tube it stopped about 2m in so its got a kink somewhere as the pipe disapears into the car.
ive even tried my vacuem unit on 1 end and blowing as well
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

I had the same problem and probed the hole that the water comes out with a straightend paper clip, it cleared the crud and works ok now
Paul
p20

Post by p20 »

I had a problem with the rear wash on my old astra estate. The pump was working and the water flowing, but nothing came out at the other end.[B)] Then i discovered the pipe had bust and the boot had a new water feature in the form of a waterfall.[:o)] Being a lazy bugger i just left it.[:D]