CX hydraulic diagram

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

CX hydraulic diagram

Post by tomsheppard »

If it is out there on the 'net, One of you observant people will know. I can't find one and would be grateful for a suitable link.
Thanks.
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

Hi Tom,
I'm not sure why you need a circuit diagram. The CX hydraulics are the same in principle as the BX hydraulics (which I'm sure your very familair with), which are the same as the GS, SM, DS, ID ........
The only *different* (not difficult) difference is the daravi steering. If you have problems with that just givus a yell. It really does never give problems though ...
What are you having problems with ?? Even all the spheres are the same, brake accumulator, main acumulator and 4 suspension spheres.
seeya,
Shane L.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

I'd like to repipe the car 'cos in this climate, twenty year old pipes are gonna fail sooner rather than later. Seems to me that the DIRAVI might be a good bit to do a little precautionary maintenance on, and I wanted to ensure that I got it right. Bxs have only the one accumulator (But then I suppose that they tend to accumulate...)
I'm very glad of some BX experience before tackling a CX. While I know that they are very similar, I like to have correct data to refer to.
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

Hi Tom,
have a look under the CX. My CX only lived in the UK for the first 9years of it's life, yet it already has cupra-nickel lines at the back.
I'm sure if you get under your car, after what 18years ?? You'll find it's already been re-piped [:D] One less job to do !!!
As for Daravi, change the LHM at the specified time, keep the reseviour filters clean and it'll look after itself. [:)]
seeya,
Shane L.
beezer

Post by beezer »

Can send you a .pdf of all parts if you wish.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Beezer, That'd be great! tomattomshepdotcodotuk
beezer

Post by beezer »

On its way...2nd e-mail should have it. Slight glitch with attachment. It's a big file so I hope you have broadband!
beezer

Post by beezer »

Tom, if you have difficulty receiving these files let me know. I will post them on a site.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Looks like it all got here Beezer. Thanks to everybody for digging out this arcane stuff. I shall archive it all for dissemination to the needfully curious in years to come (Like when your local Citroen dealer says "CX? they never made one of them, mate. You're getting confused with the DX.")
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

tom, been away for a bit, I have the diagrams and sections for the cx ex full workshop manual if you need any of it let me know and I'll scan it for you, it also includes the power steering repair/ dismantling overhaul etc
Pete
________
Bmw 3 series (e21) history
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:57, edited 1 time in total.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Thanks Pete. I hope you have been off sailing! So far, so good. For anyone else in my situation, Anders has a pointer to the manuals on Citroens which he copied from Shane....
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Oh that it was sailing tom, but it was just good ol work, which also explains why I've been away again [:(] [:(] [:(] PS did you get my e-mail about the BX?[:)]
________
Foot problems advice
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:57, edited 1 time in total.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

No BX email received. Try tomattomshepdotcodotuk.