Front height corrector valve unit.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

adzbaby
My Cars:

Front height corrector valve unit.

Post by adzbaby »

Good morning all,
Can any please help me and tell me where I can find the bleeding thing? I only have the haynes manual to go by, and the picture in there is not very helpful.
I am working on the car this morning so will be popping in and out to check for responses.
Thanks, a Lost man!
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

On a BX TD its tucked up behind the engine on the bulkhead. look from underneath for about the worst place it could posibly be and you will have found it!
Seriously the linkage is attached to the anti-roll bar (on BX with a wire rod/spring) find the attachment point and follow the linkage until you find a small round object with flat ends, pipes and a rod going into it.
I expect you want to lubricate it. I used spray grease as I couldn't get anywhere near it but a better suggestion I saw on here recently is to use a brush and smear some grease on the rod going into it. This will probably last longer. Oil may free it up but won't last.
Of course remember to support the car properly as it can kill you.
jeremy
adzbaby
My Cars:

Post by adzbaby »

Sorry forgot to mention, the car is a M reg xantia TD, this is a car I am breaking and there is no engine in the engine compartment. I guess this should make things a hell of alot easier. And of course the car is currently on axle stands.
I am actually going to remove it.
Going back out to find this bugger!
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

It's on the end of the steel rod that connects to the height control lever in the car.
Attached by 2 bolts.
adzbaby
My Cars:

Post by adzbaby »

I have disconnected the hydraulic pipe unions, the height control rod and the two mounting bolts. The blighter still doesn't want to come out!! Is it attached to anything else or is it a case of wiggling and manoeuvring it out?
adzbaby
My Cars:

Post by adzbaby »

I would never, ever, want to fit one of those Bast**ds!