ZX Disk's & Pads

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

ZX Disk's & Pads

Post by rossnunn »

Who do you recomend for performance ones - drilled & grooved etc?
Any prices? After a set of Vented fronts, soild rears & pads all round. - Had a look round Andyspares but seems they don't do them??
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

Have you managed to add 80Bhp to your Elation?? What do you need performance brakes for?[:D]
Either way...Don't GSF do Brembo Max Discs for the Zx, and they also do Pagid fast road pads!
If you have uprated the calipers/brakes to Volcane standards I'm sure GSF must stock them. Don't they??[:I]
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

I've got ATE Powerdiscs with Greenstuff pads up front and standard disc and Greenstuff pads at the back, got them from a local place but must say the brakes are much shaprer and stronger, especially if braking from high speeds.
The Greenstuff pads have the added bonus of being pretty much dust free so keeping my bitch to clean 12spoke alloys nice and clean longer.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Did change the discs and pads on my old ZX TD. Used Brembo discs and pads as supplied by GSF. You could tell the difference as they were new and not worn out. [:D]
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

Well its like this:
I have a front disk thats warped. The other is low. When the rear beam is changed I know its going to need rear disks. So might aswell buy & fit the lot @ the same time.
The pedal now is rubbish. It has a dead pedal for about half its distance & then stops really well after that. I think this is down to fitting the TD Volcane front Calipers & disks without changing the MC - which will be done when I do the rear beam. The inital bite is also rubbish so when its all ovverhalled if I've got to fit new disks & pads I might aswell upgrade them too.
I have been quoted for a set of OMP cross drilled & grooved front vented disks, the same cross drilled & grooved but soild set of rear disks & a full set of pads - £155.
Thats before I have even thought about fitting the ABS off the volcane!
Oh & I might be gaining a few bhp if the insurance doesn't kill me, by fitting a saxo 1.6 8v engine - a few but not many! lol
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

You could save money and improve your barkes by fitting good, new discs and pads all round. Those preformance pads and stuff come in to their own at speed not on you average ZX. Personally I'd go for just fitting new stuff of the right size etc and get the master cylinder up to speed.
rashmore

Post by rashmore »

You should have put berlingo calipers and disk on rather than volcane td. Much better. I got standard berlingo caliper and disks with green stuff pads.
at this rate u would be better off buying another car.... :-)
mrbump
My Cars:

Post by mrbump »

mr rashmore,
you dont remember the part number for the greenstuff pads for the berlingo calipers by any chance do you?
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

You should be able to find the part number here
http://www.performancebrakes.co.uk/
rashmore

Post by rashmore »

Mr Bump,
If u have not found part no, I will have a nosey in garage to see if got receipt for pads, may still have the box. (garage need a rid out...)
BTW mine are Berlingo mark 2 calipers and disks - different than mk 1.
same as pug 307 if memory serves....
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

the only reason why I upgraded to the TD over the berlingo brakes was I got the TD's for free! lol