Xantia VSX Mileage

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

anno888
My Cars:

Xantia VSX Mileage

Post by anno888 »

Hi all,
Im thinking of buying a 1995 Xantia VSX 2.0i. It has full Cit service history and a new MOT but the only thing putting me off is that it has 103,000miles on the clock.I know that for all the Deisels out there this is not high mileage but what about for the petrol engines. It's a friends car and he is willing to sell it for £550, the car has no leaks and the bodywork is good. Clutch is smooth......... any thoughts??
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

If it's any help, I have a '95 VSX 2.0i with about 220,000 klms (app 130,000 miles) on the clock and it runs like a top; heaps of power, doen't burn or leak oil, so a diesel with that mileage should be hardly run in. If he was out here at that price he'd have two broken legs by now (so he couldn't get away.)
Alan S
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

103K is nothing if it has been well maintained.
With oil/filter changes at 6k, coolant change two-yearly, LHM change every two or three years etc etc from now on and it will go another 100K.
Very good price for a clean car you know!
David
sbraud
My Cars:

Post by sbraud »

Agree with:
103K is nothing if it has been well maintained.
My 20/16v VSX has 144,000 and still going strong!!! I try to stop myself from pushing it too hard, coz it's a '95 but every now and again she enjoys feeling young again and showing a clean rear bumper to most* - But regular servicing is a must!
*Within the permitted speed limit of course.[;)]
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Its got a years test, so for £550.00 its worth having even if it's only got another 2 or 3 years use left in it. Thats banger money so I wouldn't be over worried about the mileage. If it starts o.k. without smoking, idles smoothly and doesnt smoke on the overrun, then it'll most likely be fine.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

I part ex-ed my VSX 2.0 at 120k miles for a V6, it was running perfectly. I kept it well maintained with regular oil changes. If it's been looked after it'll be an absolute bargain.