Stereo steering controls adapter? [solved]

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stevieb5796
My Cars:

Stereo steering controls adapter? [solved]

Post by stevieb5796 »

Hey,
So I bought that xantia (well I put the deposit down a couple of days ago and it should be ready hopefully tomorrow or the day after). Thanks to those of you that gave me advice. I will no doubt be flitting on and off the forum from now on as I intend to service it myself etc and this seems to be the place to come.
Anyhow my next question is... (the clue's in the title lol) I have a panasonic MP3 CD car stereo which I am going to salvage from my rather sorry for itself Orion (never trust 18 year olds in clios!). I know I have to get hold of a faceplate, which I am on the case with but any ideas if such a thing exists I can connect the steering controls up to work on my cd player? I would leave the original stereo in as I think it will look better than my silver stereo but I very rarely listen to the radio and tape's are all but obsolete these days!
Thanks in advance
beezer

Post by beezer »

www.autoleads.co.uk is normally the place to go but they don't cover Panasonic. They do Sony,Kenwood and Pioneer. Maybe they can help though.
stevieb5796
My Cars:

Post by stevieb5796 »

Looks like i've managed to find some, but I need two bits and it's gonna cost upwards of £50 to get the bits. I think for the sake of that amount of money I can just reach a little to my left now and again! Thanks though!
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by stevieb5796</i>

Looks like i've managed to find some, but I need two bits and it's gonna cost upwards of £50 to get the bits. I think for the sake of that amount of money I can just reach a little to my left now and again! Thanks though!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
That's exactly what I thought when I looked into connecting my alpine to the steering wheel. My steering wheel buttons are now used as turbo thrust/instant expletives when encountering drivers who are even worse than myself.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

I've got a Xantia with a Panasonic Mp3 player and non-working steering wheel controls.
I'd be interested to know who sells the bits you need to get them working.