Xsara Plip...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Tuftus
My Cars:

Xsara Plip...

Post by Tuftus »

Hi all tried searcing for this but did not get far... so here goes.
I have just traded the Xantia in for a Xsara 2.0 HDi, now with the Xantia I got a little white credit card thingy that was some sort of barcode thing for the plip (I only have one plip and a standard spare type key).
I have not been given one of these for the Xsara, is this right or should I follow his up with the garage that sold it to me / original dealer etc etc?
Cheers for now...
Andy
mikeg
My Cars:

Post by mikeg »

In my experience, you will only have one plip plus a "normal" looking key. Don't be fooled by this key because it is loaded with a transponder, as is the plip, and as you probably know, is programmed and numbered, to your car only. Right, thats that. Next one. You sould have had a book pack with the car, In the pack is a service record, on the second page are the vehicle & supplier details, which in my case had the key number. Also in the pack should be a coded card which has a secreted code unique to your car. Without this code, you cannot progamme any new keys and will cost bomb to get from Citroen. So if you aint got any of these, sort it out with your dealer asap, whilst it's fresh in your mind. I reckon any cost incurred should be down to him / her . Best of luck. Mike
Tuftus
My Cars:

Post by Tuftus »

Cheers for the advice Mike, I got the book pack and full service history, just not the coded card...
I will call the dealer and see how far I get.
Cheers,
Andy
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

you will need the code for coding in any new keys or plips and also if the ECU or BSI need to be changed.
if you dont have the card citroen can get the code from the VIN number,it costs around £15 for this.
mikeg
My Cars:

Post by mikeg »

Another possibility would be to contact the previous owner(s) to see if they have the card. Mike.
Tuftus
My Cars:

Post by Tuftus »

Thanks for all the advice, when I get the V5 through from DVLA I will write to the previous owner.
If I get no joy I will try with the VIN number at the spares desk.
Cheers
Andy