Front speakers for Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

petefa
My Cars:

Front speakers for Xantia

Post by petefa »

Hi!
I'm looking for info concerning a decent set of speakers for the front doors of my Xantia 1.9tdi R reg.
I tried some pineers, but they sounded worse than two tin cans with a piece of string between them, happy days![:D]
I have a bass box in the boot and a 4x40watt sound system, but I keep blowing the front Citroen speakers[V], (I like bass, not loudness[:)], lol).[:p]
I am also after the top and bottom pieces that go around the steering colunm, as some nice berk tried to nick my car and broke them[:(!], A xantia!, what a doughnut![:p]
Thanks
Pete
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

A friend of mine fitted Infinities in his BX, which has very similar mountings, and they sound very nice!
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

You're going to blow any small speakers if you put too much bass through them. A way of preventing this is to use an external amp and a crossover to limit the frequencies which get to the speakers, then let your sub woofer play the bass. Have a chat with your local stereo shop who should be able to give some expert advice.
davethewheel

Post by davethewheel »

i've got a small amp uder the passenger seat and some alpine speakers in the front and some small jbl's in the back, nice sound.