ZX sunroof not opening

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

marty_t3
My Cars:

ZX sunroof not opening

Post by marty_t3 »

I have now reached the conclusion that the Citroen ZX wiring design came from the back of a Corn Flakes packet.
When i try to open the sunroof the only thing that happens is the little red led under the clock flickeres. I've been through every fuse i can find (while trying to sort out another electrical problem) and they're all fine plus everything else on the same fuses as the sunroof still work so i'm taking that as proof that the fuses are ok.
what am i missing??
and what is the red led under the clock for?
and why is the clock so dim?
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Does it make any kind of noise when you push the switch?
marty_t3
My Cars:

Post by marty_t3 »

yeah there's a definite "click" but no movement from the roof or noises from any motor or anything.
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

red light under clock is to do with alarm, flashes whn its armed, flashes v. fast if the alarm has gone off, and also indicates wether interior scannin is on or off. My guess with this problem is the sunroof mechanism has seized up (has a similar problem on an old zx estate i had). The light is prolly flashing cuz its draining all the power trying to move. Clock dim cuz bulb has blown? these are just my guesses.. hope they might help. Simon
marty_t3
My Cars:

Post by marty_t3 »

Where abouts is the motor? I take it the roof lining has to come off to get to it?
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

its under the plastic bit inbetween the sun visors where the electric window switch is and the interior lights. Couple of star drive screws, oh and ive got a working motor if you need it :)
also the clock is really dim when the ignitions off, goes v.bright when ignition on so mayb its not seeing the ignition switch?