fitting front shocks

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jimbolaya
My Cars:

fitting front shocks

Post by jimbolaya »

anyone got any idea how much i should pay for the fitting of a pair of front shocks on a ZX td aura kreg???
I'm getting very scared by the prices I've been quoted??
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Well, remove strut, dismantle the spring, dismantle the strut to get the shock out. Refitting is reverse of removal. Repeat other side. I'd be thinking along the lines of 4 hours, if nothing goes wrong (chance of that??). £200 ball park figure?
jimbolaya
My Cars:

Post by jimbolaya »

BUGGER[V]
ANYONE KNOW OF IT BEING ANY CHEAPER [:I]
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

A friend's son who is timepoor-moneyrich paid £150.00 to have a broken spring done on his Clio, so 200 notes for supply and fit for both sides is probably about right!!!!
Cheapest option is to do it yourself- even buying a set of spring compressors, some sockets, a manual, and the parts as well will still see change from a ton!!
marty_t3
My Cars:

Post by marty_t3 »

I'd say it should be more around the 100 quid mark... about 2-3 hours labour at most.
Last time i let anyone do shocks on one of my cars i got charged 100 quid for fitting on all 4 corners.
AlWilliams
My Cars:

Post by AlWilliams »

I'd agree you'd probably not see much change out of £200. If you fancy a go, it's not very difficult (providing you have tough knuckles)[:D]

Did this job in summer from a blank sheet, even with the purchase of correct tools it cost me under £50 (excl shocks) and took a morning.
Hanyes is pretty good here.
Oh, one thing you should bear in mind, are the shock top mounts and bearings in good order? It's an MOT failure if their knackered, the spring rubs the inside of the wheel arch causing damage and resistance.