ZX fuse locations

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

marty_t3
My Cars:

ZX fuse locations

Post by marty_t3 »

Still trying to fix the blowers on my ZX (with a/c).
Could someone tell me where fuses 17 and 20 are located?
I've had a look in the fusebox undetr the steering column and in the box next to the battery. Am i missing something obvious?
Also, on the bottom of the heater motor there are 5 spade connectors but only 4 wires connected. One thick red wire, one thin red, one thin yellow and one thin brown wire. There's also a thick black wire hanging loose (ie not attached to anything). Should this be attached to the empty spade connector on the motor (2nd connector from the right)
marty_t3
My Cars:

Post by marty_t3 »

Oh .. i assume there should be 12V at the thick red wire going to the motor. I've checked this with the engine running and the blowers turned on and there is no voltage at all. Is this right? The rear demister works fine so i'm guessing the ingition switch is ok?
marty_t3
My Cars:

Post by marty_t3 »

ok i take that back... i just retested it all...
I'm getting 12V at all the 5 spade connectors (including the one with nothing plugged into it).
Should this "empty" connector be the earth (between the yellow and brown wires)?
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

If it ain't broken then don't fix it.
marty_t3
My Cars:

Post by marty_t3 »

If it wasn't broken i wouldn't be asking.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Ive just emailed you the 2 pages from the handbook for the fuses but it only goes up to Fuse 13? Where are you getting 17 and 20 from, perhaps its an air con only thing?
beezer

Post by beezer »

The only fuses mentioned for AC seem to be 2, 3, 4 , 7 and 12.
tonespeed1999
My Cars:

Post by tonespeed1999 »

does the heater work on any speed?.usually the first thing to pack up on the zx heater system is the rehostat that is inside the heater casing,this can be found bt removing the heater motor,3 screws,this is under the dash on passenger side.once removed look inside the heater and you will see a small coil pack,this just clips in.these normally fail when the scuttle gets blocked with leaves and dirt etc.this causes the scuttle to fill up with rain water and over flow into the heater and drip onto the coil pack and short it out.
its an easy job to do!![:)]
marty_t3
My Cars:

Post by marty_t3 »

Scuttle was clear and dry. It feels like the fan turns very freely too.
Other than moving the vents around, the heater controls don't seem to do anything. There is a little heat from the vents but the fan doesn't turn at all.
I'll have another check of the fuses but since i'm getting 12V at al of the terminals on the motor i'm thinking it's that missing wire that the fault. Anyone know what the 5 wires are for and what voltage i should be getting at them?
Which connector on the motor is the earth? If i can't get it running properly i'll just try and wire it straight up to the battery just so i can demist the windows.
The wires are...
A thick red wire on it's own, then what looks like a 4 pin connector which has been replaced with 4 individual spade connectors. These are another red wire, a yellow wire, and empty spade connector then a brown wire.
marty_t3
My Cars:

Post by marty_t3 »

Checked the fuses you mentioned... 13.4 volts at all of them with the engine running and the fuses are fine.
Looking at those pages you mailed me Darren, my steering column fuse box has another 4 additional fuses in it... they all look fine to though.
Fuses 17 and 20 i found mentioned on another thread so they may be just on the Xantia or something and i've picked up the wrong end of the stick somewhere.
marty_t3
My Cars:

Post by marty_t3 »

Anyone??
Someone must know what the wiring on the bottom of the motor is?
cheers,
marty_t3
My Cars:

Post by marty_t3 »

Anyone???
I'm getting desperate now... i'm considering hooking the lose black wire up to the empty spade connector on the motor and just seeing what happens/blows up.