picasso..blocked window washer

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ste

Post by ste »

wouldn't know.too busy laughing at them trying to keep 800bhp cars under control that none of use could ever afford anyway.
back on track............anyone?
still looking for some detailed advice pleeeeeeeease!
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

Never come across this car/pump set up, but on all other cars I have worked on the pump is just an interference fit (tight push fit) into the bottle via a tight bung-y washer thing.Try using a large screwdriver to prise it upwards away from the bottle very carefully. Persevere as it will be very tight in the cold weather. I'd ask myself at what point I would just renew the pump, can it be more than £20?? Other than that I would maybe try to inject some hot water through the pump pick up or maybe even connecting the pump to the power supply whilst trying to pump hot water through it which might clear any jelly blockage. In any case when reassembling, smear the bung with vaseline (keeping the pump pick up clear) as the cars I've done before have sometimes leaked after upsetting it all, as the water level in the full resevoir is higher than the pump seal.
All this talk of blockage, don't forget the pump could just be knackered anyway....
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

it is just a push in fit with a rubber seal,i'd agree with dan.2cv just replace it they aint that expensive.
ste

Post by ste »

many thanks lads!!!!!!!!!!
i'll try and clear it first...if its only a 2 minute job once the pump is off its 20 quid in my pocket.if not its another 20 quid down the drain on the damn hunk of junk!!!!
cheers for your help.....no doubt i'll get stuck and need more advice so be sure to tune in to my next post![:D][;)]