xsara side airbag light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

drpau
My Cars:

xsara side airbag light

Post by drpau »

My side airbag light has come on and stayed on, Im assuming it has a correlation with my fiddling around to get a cd from under the passenger seat (the srs light used to come on, on my rover 200 if the wire got knocked under the seat sometimes for the pretensioners- if you fiddled with it, it used to sort it - a common prob). will it just be a loose connection or will it be, as Ive seen a few thread on here, that it needs resoldering etc. Ive not managed to get down there and have a butchers yet.
CHeers
Paul [:)]
CBR600FV
My Cars:

Post by CBR600FV »

Sounds like you need to check that the push-connectors are still made. My warning light comes on if anyone has been sitting behind the passenger and has stuck their big size-9s under the seat too far. Push up under the seat base as well to give the switch an operation or two as a final check. Light should have disappeared when you next turn the Ign on. Works every time on mine.
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

Funny, I got back in the car before- not having touched anything yet and its decided to switch itself off of its own accord, its was on all the time when I used it over the weekend! Gremlins! Thanks for the tip- if it comes back I will know where to fiddle [;)]