Xantia Td medical problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

penroberts
My Cars:

Xantia Td medical problem

Post by penroberts »

Bloody mavelous life is it not?
Woke up bright and early despite hangover and made a start on cylinder head removal. Its not short of pipes that 1.9td engine is it?
So proceeding in an orderly fashion with lots of printouts about turbo on and turbo off etc all was going well - that is until I attempted to straighten up - at which point an old spinal problem cropped up - nerve bundle dropped into damaged disc area and I am now on industrial painkillers until they can get me to an osteopath.
So, does anyone know anyone in the Stockport area who can do this HG for me - by that I mean someone who has done one before - in fact does anyone fancy doing it for me? I'll gladly pay as I need the car rather badly - help, advice, sympathy would be appreciated.
My next door neighbours advice was 'jack up the radiator cap and push a new car underneatg' - typical Vauxhall owner.
I have had this Xantia 1.9td for two weeks and am absolutely hooked - its great, VSX - all the bells and whistles and everything works, which is apparently quite rare. So - can anyone help
Cheers
Pen (out of his mind on painkillers) Roberts
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Being laid up with a kidney stone myself, you are welcome to all the sympathy that I can spare.
If you are that ill, you cannot use the car anyway but I fear that you will have either to get better and finish the job or swallow hard and call in an independent Citroen sorceror. Once the job is started, and the car is inert, you are pretty well committed.
RichG
My Cars:

Post by RichG »

Pen,
I also live in Stockport and there is an Independant Citroen garage called Paris Autos near Adswood. I have not had any experience of them. Otherwise the main Stealer is Horns at the Portwood Roundabout.
Richard