TomSheppards CX

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stinkwheel

TomSheppards CX

Post by Stinkwheel »

Tom, you ever owned a CX Mr Sheppard? I've had seven, I give it a week, no 3 days until it starts costing you SERIOUS money. (unless you have brought a hugely expensive well sorted example that is.) and if it doesnt start costing you money it will start throwing up problems you just cannot find the cause of.
Bleak outlook? me? Never,I love CX's, I actually think they are one of the most perfect cars ever built, but will not own another until i can afford a really good one (not just ones thats pretending to be good)
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

If money were serious, I wouldn't spend it on CXs.
Nice try Matt but I'm keeping it!
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Further to our phone conversation.
I've seen the pics, you lucky man, almost an ideal CX (mine would be as yours but be a GTI petrol Turbo) anyway, pretty sure the colour is swordfish grey, but I've been wrong before:-)
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

Hi Guys,
I've been driving CX's since the day I got my license. What part of CX owning is expensive ??? I ran a CX2400 on a shoe string while I was at Uni. Not much EVER goes wrong with them. The only one I've ever had to spend any sort of $$$$ on is my CX GTi Turbo which is a personal import. Every single problem can be related to crappy connectors. It appears to have a problem with it's injection computer at the moment :( That's it, considering the number of kms I've done in CX's, they owe me next to nothing.
seeya,
Shane L.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Thanks Shane and Matt. I am sure that CX ownership will be an adventure.
If it isn't, then I'll ditch the brute!
I needn't tell either of you that a CX is a car freak's motor.
Marty will have the mot juste but I think that Jalopy called the Cx
"the ultimate tool for bourgeoise hooligans"
"Just put the pen in my hand and show me where to sign"*
*musical reference. Name the band if you can. Clue: lots in Citroens.
beezer

Post by beezer »

Look after that CX. Don't let it go down 'the Tubes'.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Well Done Beezer. I expect to spend Prime Time with it! (nb. They are touring the uk next month!)
pete_wood_uk
My Cars:

Post by pete_wood_uk »

Just my penn'orth - I ran my CX25GTi for 7 years and it never cost me Big Bucks. Small niggles, yeah, and things like a a new rear arm bearing, but nothing earth shattering that I wouldn't expect on a car of that age, and it never left us stranded, which is a major plus factor. Occasionally came home trailing water or LHM, but that's a different matter :-).
Basically, the oily bits are pretty solid and well engineered, it's only the electrics that let it down - I managed to keep a representative selection of the electrical gadgets going at any time.
I was sad to see it go, but with a new baby, my wife needed a car that, when it did go wrong, we could take to a garage and get fixed on the spot, rather than it being off the road for a week while I rang round breakers yards trying to find bits for it. In otherwords, we needed a second car as transport rather than a hobby. So it was the difficulty of getting spares that did for it rather than anything expensive, or indeed Tin Worm.
Cheers
Pete
beezer

Post by beezer »

A friend had two- diesel estate and petrol saloon (some may have seen one of them at the Stirling rally). The diesel one had a lot of corrosion around the tailgate hinges which made it difficult to close squarely. He added to the bodywork damage by pulling out too soon at a junction and pranged the drivers door. Silly man. They both went to a collector in the north part of Glasgow.
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

yup the mechanicals are just about bomb proof, if only the body was rust proof[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] certainly the electrics are by and large cunduction proof [:D][:D][:D]
Pete
________
MARY JANE
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:57, edited 1 time in total.
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

Drove it today.
Super smooooth[:p]
Lovely car
Apparently Tom found the old doctor's receptionist in the boot[}:)][}:)]