my 1st Bx!!!!!!!!!!!!! Accu removal?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dillosk8ter
My Cars:

my 1st Bx!!!!!!!!!!!!! Accu removal?

Post by dillosk8ter »

Evenin everyone!!
On the 1st of Sept this year I became the proud(?) owner of 'H 49 RAB' a 1990 BX14 TGE in Triton green(quite smart!!), 60,000 miles, full service history (mostly local main Citroen dealer), immaculate condition. Luv car but typically for older Citroen didn't take long to play up, 5 mins afer picking up and paying for it!!![:(!] filled up wit fuel only to return to find it stood in lake of petrol!!! Almost made it home when exhaust fell off aswell...humph.
All these probs have been fixed aswell as cambelt renewal and car currently suspended on hydraflush. Front struts are sticking a bit but have read up on how to fix that, ditto sphere removal...aiming to replace all spheres this week including the 'accumulator'. Really wanna know if the procedure is any different for removing the accu sphere and what exactly should I do?
Cheers guys
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

You sound as though you have done a creditable amount of research and you don't scare easily. Welcome! Old Citroens do this to new owners in an attempt to find the right one. Get 'em right as they want, and you'll be laughing years later.
Ok, You are given three choices. Use the jubilee clip and inner tube method from the BX-DIY site; Use the correct sphere tool if you have one or (AS you are going to replace it anyway,) Get a good sharp cold chisel and a two pound hammer and give the widest part of the sphere a meaningful smack.
There are those who wince at this and I have never known the proper tool to fail but the Hammer and chisel method has never broken anything else on my cars and it always works like a charm!
Drop in on bxclubdotcodotuk as well and if you send us a pic of your car, we'll gratefully name and shame you!
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Oh well done on the BX purchase, I always found the 14's to be a very capable car and not too bad on the old wallet economy wise.
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

Definatly a v.capable car!!! Managed to keep up with nu c2 GT on motorway otherday...........much to his suprise!!!!!lol
Will definatly pop up on bxclub.co.uk and post some pics....better give it a damn good scrub down and polish!!!
MOT up this thurs......fingers crossed!!!!
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Hi Owen, welcome to the forum. Follow this link http://www.bxclub.co.uk/ for a step by step on changing an accumulator sphere,and the fronts and rears too!