intermitent heater blower and rsh

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mallyg
My Cars:

intermitent heater blower and rsh

Post by mallyg »

I have an M reg xantia 1.8i that has a fault that appears intermittently. sometimes the heater blower works and sometimes it doesn't. when the heater blower works so does the rear screen heater but when the heater blower doesn't work neither does the rear screen heater.i know i have posted previously about the heater blower motor, but have just discovered the rear screen heater problem and assume the two problems above must be related somehow, any suggestions please.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

They are related, both are caused by a worn ignition switch.
Waxee

Post by Waxee »

Dont feel alone , many have had this problem. Search through this forum and you will find lots of advice. Its a cheap fix that requires a bit of time. I did mine 2 weeks ago and so far its been reliable.
mallyg
My Cars:

Post by mallyg »

Hi all, I don't really feel condident working with car electrics and I understand you have to disable the airbag and remove the steering wheel, is there anyone in the S****horpe area who would be willing to come and give me some help with this problem. Free coffee and biscuits and a couple of beers on me. I would also be willing to drive over if anyone is willing to help. Thanks
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nick</i>
<br />They are related, both are caused by a worn ignition switch.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Not always. Mine was caused by a burnt out circuit board at the blower end: