Cit / Pug Engines

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

sorry didn't read the thred! DOH, I was thinking that, if I upgrade the engine to anything its gonna hike insurance (other than another 1.4) I thought the R5t would be quite good as its only a 1.4 but with a Turbo on.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

what about a 1.6 out of a 405 will that plonk in?
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

it should do. I believe the 1.6 in the 405 was the same block as the visa/205 gti but it only had single point injection so was 85bhp or something like that. It would bolt straight in but you have to think about stuff like possibly needing the wiring loom, ecu, are the fuel pickups the same and so on. Also if its an early 405 with a be1 gearbox then reverse will be up to the left and so you may need to modifiy gear linkages etc.
what specs your 1.4? is it injected single point i guess, 75bhp? simplest thing may be to try and find a smashed up ax gti (not gt) on ebay which had the 95 (or 100??) bhp 1.4 which is probably your engine but with multipoint injection and a few other changes which would probably be a simpler task.
re: r5 seriously doubt engine mounts are the same and yes its a 1.4 but if you mention the T word they will request you bend over and give them your bank account etc :)
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

The think that puts me off a 1.4 MP is it sufferes the same probs as the SP but has a water leak to boot. But having said that my SP 1.4 has this oil leak and its done 85K, so if I fix it, it should last for another 85K??
Ooooh I dunno!
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

It's not one of those "racing" 1.4's is it? Of E-bay fame??
:-)) NiSk
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

hey dont forget the 652cc visa and the humble 2cv with its 600(?) cc one
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

NiSk > Not sure what your on about?? - I get very confused very easily! lol
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

was a zx for sale on ebay, a 1.4 that claimed it was a limited edition race series one that did 140mph ie total idiot selling it :)
ps: when are you planning to pick up those bits and did you work out directions fine etc?
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

I mean the much talked about ZX with the "racing" engine in thread:
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... C_ID=10527
Don't worry about getting confused easily, it wears off with age! (i.e. you don't remember enough to worry about forgetting it).
//NiSk
RichardR
My Cars:

Post by RichardR »

There're two 2.0 16v engines available in the Xsara which, judging by the pictures in the handbook, are substantially different.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rossnunn</i>

STOP!!!!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Oh, ok. [;)]
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

Naahhh,
forget all these little toy cars your talking about. Go out and buy the *real* thing. ie: A Citroen CX (with proper suspension), and make it a CX2500 GTi Turbo, it'll eat most of those little pretend citroens for breakfast and spit out there springs & shockers [:D] [}:)] Image Image
seeya,
Shane L.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

and my visa would eat your cx but then its not standard so doesnt really count :p :D