XSARA Blower Delays/Intermittent

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

brian k
My Cars:

XSARA Blower Delays/Intermittent

Post by brian k »

Could anyone offer advice as to fan intermittency on my XSARA exclusive. Three times now, the fan hasn't come on. Two times I've switched off the ignition and restarted, then the fan has come on.
The last time though, I tried this 3 or 4 times unsuccessfully, but it eventually kicked in after 3 or 4 minutes of running.
Any advice most welcome,
thanks.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Have you checked the resistor on the blower motor. Not a big job, passenger foot well remove carpet as if you are changing the pollen filter and it's up on the inside near to the body work.
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

I had same problem with the blower on xsara HDi w reg, Would not go on , go over level crosssing on way to work or pot hole and thing would start . I found the brushs on the heater blower where 1/2 worn , Removed the brushes and cleaned/remove all the carbon dust , refitted brushs , working all ok . No problems
brian k
My Cars:

Post by brian k »

Stuart, I guess it could be an intermittent connection or internal fault.
Simonelsey,how esy to get to the brushes, and did you change the brushes, or just refitted cleaned ones?
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

To remove the heater blower motor from the car is a real easy job. Just undo the 3 screws and it come out in one lump.
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

once heater is out , push lock guide back slighty on the brushes and slide brushes out . I just cleaned my ones up and canned air the dust away from internal spindal. I should have replaced brushes but couldnt locate any . I dont think Citroen stock them.
brian k
My Cars:

Post by brian k »

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go.