Rear left lights wont work

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

Rear left lights wont work

Post by mezuk04 »

I am having trouble getting the two rear side lights to work on the left hand side (looking from the back), one bulb has the two filaments which produces the brake light and the constant side light.
I replaced the brake light but with the wrong bulb however the light did work when i got my sister to press the brake (the side light remained off), got round to getting the two proper bulbs this morning, put the two filament one in (and no side light worked), went to put the other side light bulb in (the slightly smaller one, and this didnt work either), couldnt check to see if the brake was working as no one was around.
Yesteday however i took the smaller bulb out the right hand side of the cluster and tried it in the left hand side and it worked, so im confused as to is it wiring or a fuse or just something more sinister.
Cheers
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

http://citroeny.cz/servis/zxser/elektro ... vnejsi.GIF
More pages on your ZX to be found on that homepage.
It's possible you have blown a fuse - not because of a shortcircuit - but simply because one lights circuit has been overloaded trying to power more bulbs than designed to.
Left & right rear lights are fused separately.
May this be a lesson for you : never insert a part that "seems" to fit anywhere on your car [:I]
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Well ive fixed it for him, but its a wierd set up.... the front sidelights have power to them (bulbs blown), however they are not connected to any fuses that I can find, the fuse had blown for the rear left cluster, which I have replaced. BUT according to all wiring diagrams I can find, the LH Front side light should be connected to same fuse as LH rear (ie fuse for LH side gone)... wierd!
Anyways its fixed now.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Good old Wilkobob, what a guy... just a door replacement to do soon maybe hehehehe