Where are the Xantia headlamp relays?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pete_wood_uk
My Cars:

Where are the Xantia headlamp relays?

Post by pete_wood_uk »

Sometimes it's possible to be *too* paranoid about Citroen electrics. I got into my HDi on Friday night to drive home, first bit of night driving for a couple of weeks, turned the lights on and.... nothing. No dipped beams. Drove home down country roads on the unhappy combination of fogs and mains, mentally reviewing what I knew about the lighting system - dashboard lights on, so stalk switch OK, one relay, twin circuits to lights, must be the relay as single point of failure.
Get home and get DVM out, 12V at the fuses just fine. Disbelievingly, take bulbs out, both blown, filaments in pieces inside the tubes. Check charging voltage, 14.2V at idle, 14.3V at revs, so that seems OK.
Perhaps the bulbs actually just blew, maybe the cold snap we've just had finally did for some old filaments?
Anyway, the point of all this was that I realised I don't know where the relays actually are for the headlamps. I did a quick search on here and couldn't spot a relevant thread. Can anyone enlighten me, please, for future reference?
Many thanks
Pete
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

They're in the fuse box under the dash, if memory serves, their individual fuses are under the bonnet.
If I'm wrong about them being under the dash, they'll be with the other relays / fuses under the bonnet (in front of the LHM reservoir).