#2 diesle injector 98 xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

soniceddy

#2 diesle injector 98 xantia

Post by soniceddy »

having had my 1.9td xantia for a month now i have noticed that it has a dither on tick over and that when im going down hill the dreaded orange engine light comes on till i put my foot on the exelorator then it goes out.The revs when hot will stay at about 500 which shake the car to bits or it goes upto 1100 then drops.I have been told that its the #2 injector which goes to the ecu thats at fault.When driving it it goes like the wind with no turbo lag or flat spot,is it another common fault with this modle,they are so expensive to buy can the old one be fixed?or is it just a case of thow it away and get another one?starts up from cold no problem and good on fuel
any help greatfull[:D]
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

It could be worth having a look at the connector where this sensor plugs in. On my '97 Xantia its directly under one of the coolant bleed screws.
Brilliant location - Not!, if the coolant bleed screw leaks slightly it slowly dribbles antifreeze all over the plug, which on my Xantia appeared to cause the lumpy tickover problem.
Fixing the leaky bleed screw and then cleaning the contacts in the connector plug seemed to cure it on mine.