dirty pollen filter, was it changed?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kid
My Cars:

dirty pollen filter, was it changed?

Post by kid »

A query regarding the pollen filter, which i took out today to have a look at, it was black (on one side) and with leaves, insects etc mainly towards the bottom of it.
The pollen filter was 'changed' when the car was serviced in Feb. 04, however could the filter become this dirty in 9 months? Or could it be this part of the service was 'not required' despite stating on the service sheet it was.
Regards
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

They do get dirty very quickly. I change mine every 6000 miles, I do it as a matter of course when I do the oil and oil filter.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

You`ll be surprised.I change mine every 6k,& its always dirty.6k miles/6 mths is the recomended change interval.
kid
My Cars:

Post by kid »

ok thanks i guess i can presume it was changed, on the haynes manual (not always popular on the forum for some by what i can tell!) the petrol models show pollen change at 12m or 9k miles. ill purchase one from the gsf site.
i was just comparing it to the air filter which still looks like new.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Just thought you should know that the carbon used in pollen filters turns black incredibly quickly when brought into contact with air blowing through it. Changed the one on the wife's Megane Cabriolet in May 04 and it was filthy having only been changed a few months previously.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Kid,we are both right.Hanyes says every 6k for diesels,9k for petrols.I supose its just because td`s need servicing at 6k miles,petrols at 9k.