xantia hydralic pump seal's

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

shaunthesheep
My Cars:

xantia hydralic pump seal's

Post by shaunthesheep »

could anyone tell me what type of seals are used under the torx bolts on top of the hydralic pump ('o' rings etc), the torx bolt look like they have been installed to blank off un-used outlets. my local main dealer told me that they no longer do the seals for my year, oh by the way it's 94', L reg,
thanks dom
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

If you are talking about the six large head torx bolt's arranged radialy around the pump, these blank off the actual pump cylinder's.
They will more than likely be a standard type 'o' ring, unscrew one and find out, watch for any bit's like piston and spring's falling out, also because the pump is lower than the reservoir it may start to syphon the LHM.
Dave
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

thanks dave,
will undo one to check, would it be worth me depressurise the hydralic system before i undo the bolt??.
dom
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Hi Dom, there shouldn't be any pressure at the pump with the engine stopped.
Dave
porgy

Post by porgy »

they are "O" rings made from some kind of hardened rubber and are unavailable from citroen dealers and everywhere else I've tried.
My local plumbing shop supplied me with soft rubber rings @ 20 pence ea. and several thousand miles later they seem to be still O.K.