how many miles on your ax?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tris

how many miles on your ax?

Post by tris »

I have just replaced the head gasket on my 1 litre debut ('94) and noticed there vas very little wear on the cylinder bores etc. The gasket blew due to a non operative radiator fan switch which caused an overheat during the Mot emissions test.
How many miles has your ax done? My ax seems tight and responsive after all the miles! (136,000 miles)
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

I recently saw a 1.5D M reg with 266,000 on the clock. He has just sold it to by a Pug 206, he had a queue of people wanting to buy it.
mattpc

Post by mattpc »

A colleauge of mine owns a 1.5d model with 195k on the clock. It's slowly dieing as the gearbox needs replacing but other than that it's fine and never had the head gasket blow.
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

My AX is SORN at the moment (as I cannot justify the extra expense of running two cars) and has 183k miles on its little 1.4 diesel. With its MoT run out and needing a heater matrix and possibly another head gasket change to get it reliable, I'm beginning to be afraid it'll never rule the road again. Last MoT I had to clean and de-rust the brake pipes and it has a worn strut which may or may not pass so its future is uncertain. Damn shame really as I really like the little AX and it did me proud during the three years I ran it.
tris

Post by tris »

Since owning the car from 113,000 I have had to replace:
*discs
*pads
*Wheel cylider
*Brake shoes as they got soaked
*O/s driveshaft (now the other is starting to complain)
*N/s shock
*Suspension bushes (fun)
*Radiator pipe
*Head gasket
plus all the usual service items such as tyres oil changes etc have made my little ax a great learning tool!
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

My AX is SORN at the moment (as I cannot justify the extra expense of running two cars) and has 183k miles on its little 1.4 diesel. With its MoT run out and needing a heater matrix and possibly another head gasket change to get it reliable, I'm beginning to be afraid it'll never rule the road again. Last MoT I had to clean and de-rust the brake pipes and it has a worn strut which may or may not pass so its future is uncertain. Damn shame really as I really like the little AX and it did me proud during the three years I ran it.
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

168k.. easy going..
bring on the next 100k[:D]
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

242k, might not be original engine though, don't know history, but the engine seems too clean !
1.5D Spree 5Dr
JSP_AX
My Cars:

Post by JSP_AX »

My weee beastie is just bout 2 hit the big 60k it needs a new head gasket though i'm after a gt i just luv ax's its my 1st car and i already want another 1