2 easy questions

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Immatoity

2 easy questions

Post by Immatoity »

1 - i am thinking of buying an mp3 player for my car...can i fit it as they look like they are "part of the facia"....
2 - my rear suspension moans/groans when it drops down...i have changed all spheres recently so not that.....[:)]
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Groaning rear end is most likely to be due to worn out rear arm bearings. Does the car become twitchy in crosswinds? Have you got negative camber / \ on the rear wheels? If so then that's your problem and it is worth fixing just for the improvement it makes.
beezer

Post by beezer »

Immatoity

Post by Immatoity »

hi,,,cheers for that...
i mean the mp3 player...is it ok to rip out my xantia default one and if so will i be left with a hole?
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Yeah the radio comes out easy enough once you have released the plastic surround that goes round it and the heater controls, it is secured by 2 screws that are accessed by pulling out the ash tray, they are at the top of that hole, once that is removed there are just 2 screws, one either side of the radio holding it in, there is a blanking plate available from Halfrauds amonst others to reduce the hole to ordinary radio size, what I want to know is can you get other radios/cassettes/cd players that work with the steering wheel controls, or secondly if your radio cassette still works would you be interested in selling it to me as my cassette mechanism is f*****?
Pete
________
Motorrad
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:56, edited 1 time in total.
beezer

Post by beezer »

Most of the major manufacturers' cd/md/mp3 players have remote sockets and you can get interfaces for your particular car. http://www.autoleads.co.uk have the various bits and pieces.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I think you will find genuine Citroen blanking plates are much cheaper than Halfords. ZX has a flap and genuine is about £9 and Halfords £30.
Jeremy