Calling all BX owners???

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cornishbx16v

Calling all BX owners???

Post by cornishbx16v »

Hi guys,
some of you may know me from citroenz forum or bx16v.com,
quick profile of me for those that dont know!
My name is Tim, i am a 26 yr old male living in Cornwall (currently long term sick suffering with M.E.), driving a 16 valve bx, quad lamps, and 17's, dtm mirrors, (not my choice but some kids decided to rip my old mirrors off and i figured there are no hand hold on these!!) a rare sight on the road these days, especially down here in and out of the farmers diesel bx's!!! i have had continual problems with my bottom arm bushes wearing fast, mainly due to the wheels and the way i drive doesnt help! ( its got to the stage of a new set - all 4 - every 6 weeks! they have lasted a lot longer on this set but i havent been up to driving of late!!)
okay, thats that over with!!!
i have been talking to superflex of late in an attempt to get some performance bottom suspension arm bushes made up, i have struck lucky in the sence that they are willing to make some, but, they have to do a minimum run of 100 bushes, it sounds a lot but it is only 25 cars!! i am hoping that between the 3 sites i will be able to get enough interest for them to go ahead!!! the price will be £25 per bush, sounds a lot but considered that they would last significantly longer than standard ones i dont see it as too much of a burden! there is a possability of a discount for a larger number than 100 but at first i need to see what the interest is going to be!!!
if anyone is interested please can you let me know so i can make a list!!!
if i could afford it i would buy them all and distribute them but, alas, i cant!
many thanks,
Timmo.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Hi Tim
Sorry I don't know about the 405 seats, I'm guessing "yes" on the front ones as the 405/BX share a floorpan, but a big no on the rears I would think due to the folding arrangment on the BX.
You can count me in for those Polybushes, I'll drop by on the bx16v forum and check how you are getting on with this project. Obviously the more BX owners we can get interested then the better in terms of cost.
Jon
cornishbx16v

Post by cornishbx16v »

thanks mate!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Tim,
Another thought on those front arm bushes.
I reckon that the greatest production cost would be the metal element, I assume that once the mould is made for the PolyU its a simple matter of pressing the plastic into the metal part. Maybe you could ask Superflex if there would be a reduction in cost if you supplied new standard front arm bushes for them to convert to PolyU, I would then buy batch of standard front arm bushes (on my Staff account [:p] [;)] )and we can pass on the saving [?]
Worth a try I reckon!
cornishbx16v

Post by cornishbx16v »

could be a thought!!! all i know is that they are bonded into the metal, i am not to sure whether they would go for it in terms of having to remove the old bush before putting the new one in??? if they did i suspect that the cost of them removing the bush and preping for replacement would somehow work out to be the same cost????? if i dont get enough support then it may be a feasable option, unfortunately i only have 3 people willing to say yes at the moment, and one is me!!! 23 more cars to go!! i am in hospital for tests tomorow so might email superflex and ask them after the weekend!