Citroen ZX - can't open hatchback !!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

strollerA
My Cars:

Citroen ZX - can't open hatchback !!

Post by strollerA »

Hi,
An annoying but hopefully not too serious problem happened earlier this week.
On activating the central locking on my ZX Dimension 1.4i, the doors unlocked as usual but the hatchback has stayed firmly locked. I've tried unlocking the back with the key but to no effect. Anybody got any ideas or tips to help rectify this problem, I can't cope without the use of this space.
Many thanks in anticipation..
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Give the tailgate a bash with the palm of your hand a few times while plipping it open a few times. This should get it open eventually.
Once you've opened it, check that the catch on the body, and more importantly on the tailgate is secure.
Mine have an occasional tendency to loosen off, needing a couple of turns on the 10mm nuts to stop it doing what yours is doing now!
Twiss

Post by Twiss »

If giving it a bang doesnt work then its a case of trying to get to it by takeing the boot door inside cover off and getting to the lock manually.
strollerA
My Cars:

Post by strollerA »

What can I say but MANY THANKS to arry b and Twiss.
I've just read your replies and gone out in the dark and tried arry b's idea of hitting the lock and at the same time operating the remote a few times and it worked !!! The hatchback now opens again. I'll have a closer look tomorrow in the daylight and see if anything is loose.
I'm just glad that I don't have to take Twiss's advice, didn't fancy scrambling about trying to access the lock from the inside.
Thanks again to you both.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

No problem, chap. Glad it worked.
You may find it helpful to spray a little WD40 or similar at the hinge pin of the white plastic catch in the tailgate.