Eviction!

Dedicated to owners of Citroen GS and GSA models.

Moderator: RichardW

elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Re: Eviction!

Post by elma »

Morgan Pugwash sounds like my kind of cat. I'd love another but not in a position to get one with working away. It's hard enough with the dog.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Stonehopper wrote:Ah - cats. We had one who would see off German Shepherds. We had neighbours whose two GSD's would go 'ape' when seeing our cat, who would parade teasingly along their boundary. After two weeks, the cat - Morgan Pugwash (we lived afloat then), had not only entered their sanctuary, but had evicted them from their bed and taken residence while the dogs sat back in astonishment at such affront. Impotent, defeated. Wonderful cat. RIP.
Cats will always get the better of a dog in my experience.. Cats are clever and cunning and can make dogs look pretty silly...

I used to love cats but my last one has put me off for life... I don't think I'll ever have another...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

CitroJim wrote:
Stonehopper wrote:Ah - cats. We had one who would see off German Shepherds. We had neighbours whose two GSD's would go 'ape' when seeing our cat, who would parade teasingly along their boundary. After two weeks, the cat - Morgan Pugwash (we lived afloat then), had not only entered their sanctuary, but had evicted them from their bed and taken residence while the dogs sat back in astonishment at such affront. Impotent, defeated. Wonderful cat. RIP.
Cats will always get the better of a dog in my experience.. Cats are clever and cunning and can make dogs look pretty silly...

I used to love cats but my last one has put me off for life... I don't think I'll ever have another...
A dogs bite is trumped by 10 needle sharp eye ripping claws.....no point killing it if your blind after....Dogs are not smart but they are realists
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

We had something similar a while back, the wife said she was getting a shock from the washing machine, rubbish I said - until I did. The mice had eaten the outer insulation off the 2.5mm cable that feeds the socket which left the earth wire bare, it just so happened the the dishwasher waste was leaking onto it and had eaten through the earth wire.

Iv'e put a couple of rat traps in the kitchen, so far - nothing. :x

Peter
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Stickyfinger wrote:Dogs are not smart but they are realists
Some might be Alasdair but not a certain Springer I know well. She just kept on coming back for more and more abuse from the cats... Never learned a thing about how to deal with cats at all...

I love Springers (and Spaniels in general). I see them as the canine equivalent of me and I could live with one very happily...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Just thick Jim, is she crossed with a Goldfish ?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

One of our German Shepherds was beaten up by a sheep, never had any trouble with her where livestock was concerned.

Peter
Stonehopper
My Cars: 1975 GS Pallas
1967 2cv AZAM
Previously;
1982 Acadiane
1990 BX TZD turbo
1982 2cv Charleston
1971 AK 250
1978 AK 400
1982 Ami 8 break
1971 Ami 8 break
1979 CX Familiale
1960 2cv AZL (Belgian built)

Post by Stonehopper »

Talking about cats vs dogs, on our moorings we had a fiesty Jack Russell cross Fox Terrier that was after our last cat when young. The cat was up for a fight but only a lightweight, when a neighbours Burmese joined in the fray - from behind the dog. One cat at the front giving the dogs face a makeover, and the other latched onto the wedding tackle. One almighty scream from the dog - then gone.
Derek
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Ouch!!!!
Jim

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

My Mum ran the 2000 London Marathon. At that time she had a Seal Point Siamese, named Jamaica (she bred her, and Mum used to use the alphabet to help name each litter, so Jamaica was from litter J). Anyway, when Mum was moored up at Little Venice a small dog decided to chase Jamaica (she was used to dogs, so it didn't really bother her), so she hopped onto the boat, popped through her cat flap, and curled up on the sofa, ready for a nap that didn't happen. The silly dog also hopped onto the boat, stuck its' head through the flap, and barked at her. Well, this was not polite, so Jamaica went for him. He was seen travelling at VERY high speed along the towpath (not barking, he has saving his breathe to get the hell away), with his tail so far between his legs it was now in front of him, with Jamaica in hot pursuit, EVERY hair on end (you could have cleaned the Channel Tunnel with her tail!), in full battle mode and wailing like a flock of banshees (have you ever heard a Siamese cat wailing? It is VERY loud and impressive). She came back an hour later, looking very self satisfied. The dogs' owners had difficulty walking him along the towpath after that (she didn't do him MUCH damage, but he never did want to be close to any cat after that).

Siamese cats rarely fight to the death, as they much prefer lording it over vanquished foes.

Oh, Mum finished the London Marathon, in a time of around 6 hours 30 minutes.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

James, a delightful story :D enjoyed immensely. I know how they are. May years,ago I had a very dearly loved Burmese and they are quite similar to a Siamese. Wonderful cats and you know, I reckon that's one cat I could happily live with again....
Jim

Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

We have a chocolate point Siamese but it doesn't do anything much except sleep and eat but he is 17, still looks good though and yowls a lot.

Peter
Stonehopper
My Cars: 1975 GS Pallas
1967 2cv AZAM
Previously;
1982 Acadiane
1990 BX TZD turbo
1982 2cv Charleston
1971 AK 250
1978 AK 400
1982 Ami 8 break
1971 Ami 8 break
1979 CX Familiale
1960 2cv AZL (Belgian built)

Post by Stonehopper »

Don't they just. Our last was an Abyssinian cross, and could she talk! Went on to the grand age of 23.
Derek
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

All I can say is when it comes to a friend of mine, he is very very careful to check the door is shut these days whilst engaged in "carnal acts"....his partners (he still only visits) cat likes to attack "dangling" items .........two stitches and a very embarrassing conversation at A&E

Beware the cat
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

We caught a rat yesterday =D> in a trap I might add. One down, I wonder how many to go. :?

Peter