For sale - low mileage 1978 GS 1222

Dedicated to owners of Citroen GS and GSA models.

Moderator: RichardW

Spaces
Location: Rarely in one place for too long - Hebridean Islands and Yorkshire are my favourites
My Cars:

For sale - low mileage 1978 GS 1222

Post by Spaces »

Would have been gorgeous, had it not been rear-ended a while back. Beyond repair, the shell is bent :cry:

BUT - 36,000 miles with one very keen lady owner. So keen she wouldn't trust the car to the local Citroen agent and took it to the (well-respected) Mercedes dealership for servicing and cambelt replacements etc.

Drove absolutely gorgeously, the engine was really sweet and quick. C-matic gearbox for rarity, too - all working. Good source of spares in the way of bonnet, windscreen, dash clocks and switches, suspension cylinders etc. Myosotis blue. £250 - I really need the space!

Give me a ring on * 759 -48* -4489
PeterN: "Honest John's forum put the last nail in the coffin of owning a 2000- car. Many were still servicable, but CR, DMFs and needing fault codes read because your horn doesn't work - no thanks. All my life I have generally understood cars - until now."
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

were abouts is the car and can you add picy's especialy of the damage,

regards malcolm
Spaces
Location: Rarely in one place for too long - Hebridean Islands and Yorkshire are my favourites
My Cars:

Post by Spaces »

hi Malcolm, the car is in Yorkshire. Will try to send pics. But the main attraction is the insides of the engine, if how it goes is anything to go by! If you're wondering 'is it repairable?' then the answer is almost certainly not - it has bent forwards of the rear subframe and the roof and parcel shelf are kinked too. The boot panel is beyond repair, obviously.
PeterN: "Honest John's forum put the last nail in the coffin of owning a 2000- car. Many were still servicable, but CR, DMFs and needing fault codes read because your horn doesn't work - no thanks. All my life I have generally understood cars - until now."