CCC NORTHERN RALLY 2018

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

tim leech
Donor 2016
Posts: 632
Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 16:36
x 12

CCC NORTHERN RALLY 2018

Post by tim leech » 18 Feb 2018, 14:17

Always a strong turn out and plenty of lovely cars

Camping and refreshments, toilets and showers

York Road, Wetherby LS22 5EJ

18-20th May 2018
Attachments
logo.jpg

User avatar
Trainman
donor 2018
Posts: 2516
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
x 7

Re: CCC NORTHERN RALLY 2018

Post by Trainman » 21 Feb 2018, 07:29

27332259_10155350946093932_5817798240181526193_n.jpg

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41146
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 962

Re: CCC NORTHERN RALLY 2018

Post by CitroJim » 21 Feb 2018, 07:56

Love the expression on the dog's face in the back window :lol:

That is a great flyer :) Best I've seen yet!

mtxm
Posts: 16
Joined: 01 Apr 2011, 20:43

Re: CCC NORTHERN RALLY 2018

Post by mtxm » 16 May 2018, 10:51

This is always a nice friendly event and worth attending, although obviously a bit more of an effort for those down south. I will be there on both Saturday and Sunday and I plan to take my sphere recharge kit, cylinder pressure gauge and Lexia if further any entertainment is needed! With regards, Matthew T.

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41146
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 962

Re: CCC NORTHERN RALLY 2018

Post by CitroJim » 16 May 2018, 16:58

That's this weekend. Crept up quickly...

Have a great time all, sadly I won't be there as far too far for me to drive these days :evil:

User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2016
Posts: 4609
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 19:45
x 252

Re: CCC NORTHERN RALLY 2018

Post by daviemck2006 » 16 May 2018, 18:11

I was going to make the trek south for this, but will not manage now. I wouldn't have had the xantia ready for it, but I'm sure I would have been allowed entry with the 205. However other things, a granddaughters 1st birthday party, takes precedence. Enjoy it all who goes.

User avatar
Trainman
donor 2018
Posts: 2516
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
x 7

Re: CCC NORTHERN RALLY 2018

Post by Trainman » 17 May 2018, 05:50

CitroJim wrote:
16 May 2018, 16:58
sadly I won't be there as far too far for me to drive these days :evil:


Start peddaling today Jim :rofl2: exercise is good for you.......... :naughty:
daviemck2006 wrote:
16 May 2018, 18:11
I was going to make the trek south for this, but will not manage now. I wouldn't have had the xantia ready for it, but I'm sure I would have been allowed entry with the 205. However other things, a granddaughters 1st birthday party, takes precedence. Enjoy it all who goes.


Davie,

yes the 205 would have been welcome, but Granddaughters 1st birthday is precious, you only get one of those. just don't eat to much cake...... ;)

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41146
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 962

Re: CCC NORTHERN RALLY 2018

Post by CitroJim » 17 May 2018, 06:16

Trainman wrote:
17 May 2018, 05:50
CitroJim wrote:
16 May 2018, 16:58
sadly I won't be there as far too far for me to drive these days :evil:


Start peddaling today Jim :rofl2: exercise is good for you.......... :naughty:


:lol:

It is Steve :)

Sady, I'm already booked this weekend. Linford Wood parkrun woutld be very unhappy if I was away as I'm setting up the course...

Have a great Northern :D

Quackers
Posts: 402
Joined: 11 Nov 2005, 13:58
x 17

Re: CCC NORTHERN RALLY 2018

Post by Quackers » 17 May 2018, 19:10

Never been the Northern Rally but hope to make it on Sunday with my 3.0 V6 X7 C5. The C6 is still in the garage and the Activa's rear view mirror and rain sensor fell off and i'm struggling to get it to stick back on so that rules out those 2 cars.

User avatar
EDC5
donor 2018
Posts: 1029
Joined: 01 Jul 2017, 21:48
x 76

Re: CCC NORTHERN RALLY 2018

Post by EDC5 » 17 May 2018, 20:41

Quackers wrote:
17 May 2018, 19:10
Never been the Northern Rally but hope to make it on Sunday with my 3.0 V6 X7 C5. The C6 is still in the garage and the Activa's rear view mirror and rain sensor fell off and i'm struggling to get it to stick back on so that rules out those 2 cars.


You've got a great collection of Citroens :P
Out of interest, how do you rate the differences in suspension between the C5 and C6?

Quackers
Posts: 402
Joined: 11 Nov 2005, 13:58
x 17

Re: CCC NORTHERN RALLY 2018

Post by Quackers » 17 May 2018, 22:14

EDC5 wrote:
17 May 2018, 20:41
Quackers wrote:
17 May 2018, 19:10
Never been the Northern Rally but hope to make it on Sunday with my 3.0 V6 X7 C5. The C6 is still in the garage and the Activa's rear view mirror and rain sensor fell off and i'm struggling to get it to stick back on so that rules out those 2 cars.


You've got a great collection of Citroens :P
Out of interest, how do you rate the differences in suspension between the C5 and C6?


I've only had the C6 3 weeks, but at motorway speed so far i find the X7 C5 smoother, but all the tyres are very bad on the C6 and i think the tracking and balancing off too so not a fair test yet. I cannot tell what AMVAR is doing.

User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 14612
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 330

Re: CCC NORTHERN RALLY 2018

Post by myglaren » 20 May 2018, 12:02

Yesterday was very nice - first time it wasn't arctic weather there :)

Not as many there as I had expected but today should be better.
AA010054.JPG
"2-engined 2CV (4CV)?
IMGP1511.JPG
IMGP1512.JPG
IMGP1513.JPG
IMGP1515.JPG
Petrol filler - one tank for each engine - under the front seats
IMGP1514.JPG

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41146
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 962

Re: CCC NORTHERN RALLY 2018

Post by CitroJim » 20 May 2018, 16:25

Lovely job :D And decent weather must be a first for that rally!

Must be global warming and climate change cause by the exhaust emissions from all those 2CVs there...

User avatar
van ordinaire
donor 2017
Posts: 1600
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 14:45
x 137

Re: CCC NORTHERN RALLY 2018

Post by van ordinaire » 27 May 2018, 00:00

To bad I was in New Orleans that weekend, even if on the Friday I did experience the worst rain (& traffic) I've ever known.