Informal Meet

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Informal Meet

Post by CitroJim »

Back home again :) An excellent day out in every way and enjoyed it greatly :D

My Activa was absolutely splendid there and back. I love that car so, so much :D

I'm quite tired so won't be doing much more today but tired in a good way...

Looking forward to the next meet now ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

elma wrote:Thats an almost perfect Citroen collection. Prity much how my garage would look if I had a garage and 5 cars.

Yes, it just needs a GS to be 100% perfect - there were two tasty GSs parked opposite today...

I believe there was a Slough-built DS there too but I did not see it sadly as they are my favourite DS...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

Right....
1. Thanks Jim for the inspiration: googled Alvis Stalwart and now understand. Militaria.... leaves me cold, shame really, I have a major military show on my doorstep every year (minor annual nuisance). No disrespect of course, horses for courses obv'ly. Feel free to drop me a pm if you wanna know where and call in for a cuppa

2. Thanks re wedding also, cor it was fabulous !! Something else I'm not a fan of but this could 'convert' me. Long suffering but unofficial Missus might [just MIGHT] get a proposal one day. Probably can't afford Gretna but defo Scotland. My 405 was Bridesmaid's motor: white with yellow ribbons. Happy couple currently honeymooning.

Zelandeth. Buses.... more my thing, remember Atlanteans, Fleetlines (looked the same) and Olympians from my schooldays, early 80's. Bus co had the foolishness to send us a brand new Olympian one day, it did survive. Could fancy a go in something that big - likewise a 40 Tonner - never 'll happen, mind. Pre-selector auto's I believe, they always shook like **** if they were left in gear, which they usually were; at lights - irritating trait. One Fleetline was an experimental fully auto' MFX175W... cor, me n reg'n's..., wouldn't be surprised if its in preservation. Remember that it was rare for a driver to use 1st Gear and that they seemed a bit underpowered, chugged up fairly minor hills proper slow - drivers never seemed to rev 'em hard, no top end maybe, and seemed to 'drop a cog' awfully late. Neighbouring bus firms' Bristol VR's seemed a lot more spritely but didn't use em often. Like to say I remember those days with a smile, bit of nostalgia maybe, but definitely not a smile.

Cor... Bedford YNT Duple Dominant II and Volvo B58 based Plaxton Supreme IV, yeh, proper coach that, again right period for me, seen similar stuff at Ox' Bus Mus' (worth a visit if you can). A few trips on the likes of them for sure, including on a very hilly route to Devon, always seemed smooth & gutsy. I was riding on Western National V platers in the mid 1990's fairly frequently; must've had stellar mileage on em.

Most oft-repeated bus memory, overnight on a Eurolines to Techno-Classica, late 90's, left Victoria on a knackered looking MAN on German plates so of unknown age (old); quiet & comfy, nodded off. Transferred to a 1yr old UK reg'd fancy looking Bova at Dover: what a nasty piece of s*** that was, vibration and noise and not a chance of any zeds before arrival at Essen next morn'. Irony.

Will drop you a line a week or so prior and we'll sort summat re show. Likewise you Jim and anyone else who fancies it.
Puxa
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

I recently joined a fb page for classic commercials and also one for classic vehicles in Malta. Some lovely stuff on both pages. Lots of busses on the Malta one Zel.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)

demag wrote:I recently joined a fb page for classic commercials and also one for classic vehicles in Malta
would that be this one?
...https://www.facebook.com/groups/797322483692651/
featuring among other things a RHD Bedford CA on what appears to be a racetrack :-D
Puxa
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

Bit late to this party but if you've caught up with my blog (except Jim - who might remember where I've been) you know I've been combining a roadtrip with an introduction to militaria (+ a little sightseeing, sociomilitary history, food tasting & strange brews: hanoi Bia, LaRue, 333, Saigon Special, etc)

Stalwart, charm - in the same sentence? Never thought I'd see the day!

There used to be one parked behind some buildings (probably) near St Thomas' Hospital, you could see from the train approaching London Bridge: often wondered how it got there - not to mention why.

The guy who sailed one round the Isle of White, for charity, obviously had full swim kit - & there used to be a couple in the AWDC's "heavy brigade" which delighted in floating where others were getting their Scammels, Matadors + all sorts of Zils & the like, stuck.

Homemade stollen - now that does make my mouth water, as I actually like the shop stuff & it can only be better!

18/19 June? If I'm not doing owt else, I'll try & fit the 2 events in.
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)

just a mention that I haven't forgotten and hope to be meeting at least a couple of you there :)

will post again / be in contact / similar nearer the time :)
Puxa