North Coast 500

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Will You be attending

Yes
15%
Maybe
46%
No
38%

Total votes: 13

DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Re: North Coast 500

Post by DHallworth »

RichardW wrote:That's been photoshopped - there's no caravans / Motorhomes / HGVs / half We did almost exactly that route in Sep 2007 - great fun. Really odd when you get to Inverness, and it's BUSY by comparison to the small deserted roads in the NW.

I'd heard it's all busy up there these days. Apparently they're starting to police it due to the super car lads doing it at speeds. The hotels also fill up quite quickly apparently.

I've got a car show on the Saturday and Sunday at the start of the trip at Bo'ness. I was hoping to take the CX to this, however, I could go home afterwards on the Sunday, grab the Activa and then head to Fort William. :) Will have a chat with the wife later as I know she's desperate to see this too.

David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

Fingers crossed, David...
Chris
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

Well Ive just watched the nc500 programme on bbc gaelic. It looks really good. I am intending going round it next week as the weather is going to be good. I will be taking photos, if tapatalk is still working i shall post some, if its not working you will not get photos, and may even be lucky if you get a report on it. All I shall say is I will see anyone who is going in Fort William on sunday 3rd September. When tapatalk goes i will not be on here a lot.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Davie, surely you have access to a laptop or a desktop PC you can use if the admins discontinue Tapatalk?

I could always post by proxy any content you can't if Tapatalk goes ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

Davie,

You're someone we really don't want to lose, in any circumstances!
Maybe someone has an unwanted pc or laptop, if that would help?

We watched the first of the four BBC Alba NC500 programmes. Looking good.

September 3 in Fort William it is. I'll be there.
Am gently dropping hints over on Club-XM; maybe time for something else.
Would be nice if we could convert a Maybe or two into a Yes...

Hope that the advance reccy goes well next week.
Chris
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I have a spare Windows 10 laptop I'm content to sell for a reasonable price... I have no idea for how much but affordable I'm sure..

Chris, I very much echo your comments that Davie would be a tragic loss to this forum... I'm sure between us all there is something we can do to keep Davie here and posting...

Ditto for any other Tapatalk users who have no alternative...

Generally, laptops of a good enough calibre can be picked up very reasonably from the usual sources.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Dave, if you think about leaving I will come up there and plug your privates into a BT WiFi box myself !!
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Stickyfinger wrote:Dave, if you think about leaving I will come up there and plug your privates into a BT WiFi box myself !!

:lol: Hear! hear!
Jim

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Re: RE: Re: North Coast 500

Post by daviemck2006 »

Stickyfinger wrote:Dave, if you think about leaving I will come up there and plug your privates into a BT WiFi box myself !!
You will have a difficult job doing that. I'm with talk talk [emoji23]

I won't be leaving the forum it will just be a total ball ache for me to use compared to just now. I do not have a laptop or desktop, I only use the phone or tablet. The phone will not post photos on the forum via any of the two browsers or has, and that's what I take all my photos on. I do not own a camera either. I am not very technically minded when it comes to electronic devices, that's why a simple to use, one stop fits all, like a relatively uncomplicated phone that i have which does the basics easily is good. The major advantage of tapatalk is that it makes all the forums I use very similar to use therefore simple for my simple brain. As I said on the other thread I am going to say no more on the subject. If I can make posts I will, if I can post photos I will, but I have no confidence that I will be able to, and because of my health of things stress me too much I have to be ruthless in that respect and cut the sources of stress out of my life.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: RE: Re: North Coast 500

Post by CitroJim »

daviemck2006 wrote:and because of my health of things stress me too much I have to be ruthless in that respect and cut the sources of stress out of my life.

Absolutely right Davie :) Cutting out all forms of stress, even if they don't appear to be that to others, is utterly critical to maintaining good health... I know and ruthlessly practice just that...

Honestly, if you ever do want any pictures posted then just simply email them to me and I'll happily do the honours ;) It will be a pleasure to do so for you... I'm sure your phone and tablet will be able to email them...
Jim

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Post by daviemck2006 »

Ok guys, any more going to come on this? I have had a lot of other stuff to deal with the last few weeks, but things are settling down a bit now. The biggest things were my health, I have had a few tests the last month or so culminating in a procedure done as a day case on Monday which seems to have had the desired effect helping my health, and my diabetes has improved and I'm back to a 6 month check up on that which is a big relief as I thought I was heading for insulin injections. While i was getting a minor op my second daughter was one floor up in the maternity ward giving me my 3rd grandchild. I know this is a bit irrelevant on this thread, but it's not really. It means I am ready to do my first run around the nc500 to take mileages and suss out accommodation and places to eat and things to see and do. As it's like the height of summer here just now I am intending doing this at the beginning of the week. For accommodation I'll be looking at cheap and cheerful b&b or even backpackers hostels, or the location of camp sites where the proposed overnight stops are. Bigpug will get the honours this time round, the intention will be littlepug in September. I hope there's more going to do it in September, at the moment it's only myself and one other who are definates and 3 possibles. 5 cars would be ok, but more would be better. Feel free to take partners with you if it interests them. I haven't got a partner and no intention of getting one but stranger things have happened lol

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Davie, fantastic news on your health and grandchild :D
Jim

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Post by daviemck2006 »

I was going to be on the road of this today, but I'm waiting for a parcel to be delivered, which I need asap. I was expecting it on Friday. As there is no particular hurry for my recce around it will have to wait until said parcel arrives.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Do enjoy your recce drive Davie and hope the parcel soon arrives...

Let us know, with loads of pictures, how it goes...
Jim

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Me and some friends are staying in a holiday cottage near Lairg w/c 2nd Sept (of course that is no coincidence teehee!) I hope to join you for at least part if not all of the Ullapool - Durness journey, maybe the east coast too but we'll see. We're all from South West England so getting to Scotland is quite a trip, the holiday cottage and multiple people make it much better value for money!

I'll put myself down as a maybe as we want to leave options open.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair