"THE CXM" RETURNS AS THE CHEVRONS RALLY SEPT 2015!

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Fake Concern
My Cars:

Re: "THE CXM" RETURNS AS THE CHEVRONS RALLY SEPT 2015!

Post by Fake Concern »

CitroJim wrote:
Fake Concern wrote:Really nice to see every one here today & thanks SO much for all the help with various things. Some problems haven't gone away & I'll be asking questions later. I'll post some pictures when I've had a chance to look at them all.
That's a georgeous XM you have there Fake :-D 8-)

Did the engine run ok on the way home?

Hope the diode mod fixes the Hydractive fault but if it doesn't, don't worry, we can sort it :wink:
Jim, thanks & thanks for the help. It was weird on the way home, it didn't stall & was fine when under load and when on a trailing throttle, but with the throttle feathered trying to keep a constant speed, it felt like the gas kept switching on & off & lurching unpleasantly. It did this until nearly up to Brighton then the EML came on & the symptoms changed, not lurching, but not revving smoothly felt like it was missing. I'll try the Lambda sensor first as we know that is faulty.

By the way love the photos & I'm quite jealous of the bike!
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I'd be inclined to recheck that vacuum pipe to the MAP sensor, especially the tube downwind of the joint... That pipe must be 100% good and I remember well the same set-up causing much the same issues on Pug 205s... It only took a little split/pinhole..

Also, pop the MAP sensor off and check its inlet is clear. I've seen them bunged up with a bit of oily clag before now...

Swapping the Lambda sensor will be good.. Get a decent one. I find the el-cheapo eBay offerings can be very short-lived...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Fake Concern
My Cars:

Post by Fake Concern »

CitroJim wrote:I'd be inclined to recheck that vacuum pipe to the MAP sensor, especially the tube downwind of the joint... That pipe must be 100% good and I remember well the same set-up causing much the same issues on Pug 205s... It only took a little split/pinhole..

Also, pop the MAP sensor off and check its inlet is clear. I've seen them bunged up with a bit of oily clag before now...

Swapping the Lambda sensor will be good.. Get a decent one. I find the el-cheapo eBay offerings can be very short-lived...
Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look when I get in early enough one evening. Seen lambda sensor in Euro for not too silly money.
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by citroenesque »

NEXT YEAR:
1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Diesel hatch, white, 92k
*SOLD* 1998 Citroen Xantia Ser.1 Turbo Diesel manual, Desire Limited Edition hatch, Mauritius Blue, 118k
2003 Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE Tourer auto, BRG, 135k
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citroenesque wrote:NEXT YEAR:
Excellent :-D Looking forward to it already!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...