Goodwood Festival of Speed 2013 Report & Pics

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

JonM
My Cars:

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2013 Report & Pics

Post by JonM »

On Thursday 11th July 2013 we joined the DS3GB Owners Club & went to the Goodwood Festival of Speed 2013 having been given entry tickets complements of Citroen UK.

The day started at 4am leaving home & we headed for the DS3GB Convoy Meet point @ 7am @ The Anglesey Arms in Halnaker near Chichester [PO18 0NQ]
We then all convoyed to Goodwood Festival of Speed 2013 where we all parked up together.
I’m sure I can say that a great day was had by all!!

On entry we visited the Moving Motor Show, giving everyone the opportunity to see the very latest models up close, & in many cases drive them on a dedicated vehicle evaluation route within the grounds of the Goodwood Estate, including the revered Goodwood Hillclimb.
Cars will undertake hundreds of runs on a special evaluation route within the extensive grounds of the Goodwood Estate including the world famous Festival of Speed hillclimb.
Then we all headed to the Citroen UK stand for where we received a fantastic welcome, & after a good look look around especially at the DS3 Cabrio Racing concept car we were taken upstairs to the VIP area & received a complementary coffee.
To my amazement & great delight we came across a 2CV on the 1st floor of the Citroen UK stand, which was signed by Citroen dealers from all across the Citroen world.
Then after a chat & full use of the nice comfy sofas we all went our separate ways to explore the show.
There were a large Porsche presence this year the event was honouring the 50th anniversary of one of the world’s most versatile & popular sports cars, the Porsche 911, along with a Formula 1 Paddock & old WRC Cars on display.

My pics can be viewed at: http://public.fotki.com/JonM/goodwood-festival-o-1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Jon

Only one thing that I wasn’t happy about – Mikko Hirvonen was at the show on Friday & doing a run up the hill – Esther [Girlfriend] hopes his time isn’t as good as hers in the DS5 hehehe
Citroen C4 VTS+ By Loeb [S/N. 0257] - 197.1 bhp [Post Remap] / Torque: 147.2 Ft-Lb [Post Remap]
Citroen 2CV6 Special - 33 BHP - 602cc flat twin air cooled Snail (°\=/°)