CCC East Midlands Group Meet - Springfields Show - 5th May

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

CCC East Midlands Group Meet - Springfields Show - 5th May

Post by Citroening »

As May is nearly upon us, the first event for this month is the Springfields Show that is on Sunday 5th May. We attended this as a group last year (see here) and was enjoyed by all.

Springfields Festival & Classic Car Show
Saturday 4 & Sunday 5 May 2013
There will be plenty going on in the Springfields Arena and Festival Gardens over Parade weekend.

On Saturday the Parade starts from the arena, giving visitors a chance to view all the floats and soak up the atmosphere as the excitement builds towards the formation of the parade and its departure at 2pm. It's the ideal place to grab that special photograph of the floats in all their glory, plus see the bands warming up and all the dance groups in their colourful costumes.

As well as seeing the preparations for the Parade on Saturday, there will be lots more to see and do at Springfields' site, both inside in the exhibition halls and outside in the arena and around the beautiful Festival Gardens. There are flower displays by the South Holland churches, arts and craft stalls and a whole range of other interesting attractions, including of course a wide range of catering options, from hot meals in the restaurant to cold snacks and bar facilities.

Throughout the Festival Gardens there will be thousands of tulips and daffodils “blooming” in the woodlands and the landscaped flower beds, providing the usual spectacular splash of colour, although all the flower displays will be dependant on how the weather has been in the weeks leading up to parade weekend.

On Sunday, in addition to the Festival, the Springfields Classic Car Show returns for its fourth year. There will be around 200 classic cars on show during the day, a must for any car enthusiasts and those who just like to admire the time and effort put in by the exhibitors.

Entrance fees

Saturday is £6 for adults and £5 for Senior Citizens.

Sunday £3 all tickets

Children under 16 are FREE on both days when accompanied by an adult

Opening times Saturday 9am to 6pm Sunday 10am to 5pm
Springfields is a large centre with lots of shopping outlets often only found in town centres - There is something for all the family - here's their website.

There is an entry form for the event although you can get in without one (!) but it helps their planning for the day. Once they have received your completed form, they will send you a confirmation letter and car pass - but if you don't for whatever reason send your form off, I'm sure that they'll let you in!

Here is a JPEG of the form - I'm sure if you just scribble down the relevant details on a piece of paper and send it in, it'll be fine too.

So, anyone thinking of coming along?
Franklin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: CCC East Midlands Group Meet - Springfields Show - 5th M

Post by CitroJim »

Franklin wrote:We attended this as a group last year (see here) and was enjoyed by all.
And the year before that Franklin. I remember it well as I went in the Activa and enjoyed a wonderful day...

I fell in love with this one there:

A good show! I recommend it but sadly I'll be unable to this year :cry:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...