CCC Northern Rally May 2013

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

PhilGreaves

Re: CCC Northern Rally May 2013

Post by PhilGreaves »

Citroenmad wrote: If I see you at the National, I'll give you a run out in the Activa :)
hi yes I should be at the national. And I would love a ride in an activa!

Just thinking about how long drive it is and whether or not i should stay over somewhere on the saturday. Did that at gaydon and it worked well. What's your plans? (I mean you're further north than me aren't you? so its an even longer drive!).

As you've probably guessed talking to me sinkers are my main interest. Nothing against other Xants but we own one/grew up with it! In fact i've always thought it would be shame they didn't do a sinker activa (might have helped the rams by depressurising the system). In any event I do have a soft spot for activas*.

Going back to xantia numbers. Yes its a shame really I don't see any. Occasionally I see a hdi late reg but I always assume they are just someones car. Whereas when I used to see that silver activa or even an xm or a c6 I assume (perhaps wrongly?) that the must be an enthusiast. In any event yes all the xantias around here have died off bar one other..shame :( Anyway ill try to take some photos of the rust on my xantia when I get a minute: its rather :shock:

Drive home for me was very annoying: some silly woman in her 60s in a ford ka...didn't have a clue; confused by turning left, right, traffic lights... :roll: And im dangerous! I wasn't confident enough to overtake being in the c3/mums new car...Xantia would've been easy 3rd gear 2,500-3500 rpm...straight round probably hit fourth as you get level. God how nerdy to know rpm for different gears and the turbo cutting in!!! :lol:

Yes ive got sunburn too.. :oops: (im not embarrassed that's just the colour of my face!!)

thanks (a few photos coming soon)
Phil
*would prefer a kegresse though!! :wink: yes yes yes impractical...
Xantia Columnist xantia@CitroenCarClub.org
1984 Citroen BX 16 TRS (winner now with working PAS!!)
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (mk 1a. Jan 1994 with antisink valve. Restored by chevronics..new rear quarters fitted etc :shock: )

2009 Citroen C3 1.6Hdi 16v 90bhp Exclusive
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

PhilGreaves wrote:
Citroenmad wrote: If I see you at the National, I'll give you a run out in the Activa :)
hi yes I should be at the national. And I would love a ride in an activa!

Just thinking about how long drive it is and whether or not i should stay over somewhere on the saturday. Did that at gaydon and it worked well. What's your plans? (I mean you're further north than me aren't you? so its an even longer drive!).
Yes no problem, I've not scared anyone too badly with the Activa yet :roll:

I'm not sure yet, its 200 miles/3 hours for me to go to the national, so fine for a return trip in a day. However I will most likely stay locally for Sunday night, means I dont have to rush off early on Sunday morning. That is closer to me than the CXM at Little Horwood, so its relatively local!

I had a good drive home today, the only problem was there wasn't many corners :roll:

I think your fortunate in that there are virtually no kegresse left, what could it be used for! :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
xmcentral
My Cars:

Post by xmcentral »

Some pics of Wetherby http://s1223.photobucket.com/user/xmcen ... rby%202013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Really good weekend and enjoyed meeting up with everyone.
Mark and Jacqui
PhilGreaves

Post by PhilGreaves »

Citroenmad wrote:
Yes no problem, I've not scared anyone too badly with the Activa yet :roll:
I find that hard to believe!! I scared my mum once driving my xantia (what was hers at the time) :shock: :-D wont say what i did but drove in a stereotypical manner for my age! turns out xantias have 'loadsa grip'..
Citroenmad wrote:
I think your fortunate in that there are virtually no kegresse left, what could it be used for! :lol:
well as they can pull 1000 tons on water and go pretty much anywhere I guess I could use one for whatever I want!...i've also been banned from getting (read putting on the front lawn) a 5 seater belphegor fire engine, k series autocar, belpheor autocar and pretty much anything else..!!

Think 'we' are planning to stay Saturday night but nothing booked yet. 'We' as my mum wants to go purely as she likes tim who's organising it. :roll: (unless tims here in which case) you know I love you too tim!

Bit of a downer today. Mum put the washing out around the xantia. one of the zips has chipped and scratched the driver side window. And im guessing that it wouldn't be easy to change the window and my xantia has a period sticker "Cit logo Radio Alarme Code" anyway and im guessing later xantias don't?? :?: :!: balls..add to the list!! Think im going to park it at the bottom of the garden in june after my exams. Once its there remover broken pres reg then it cant e moved! Fed up with it being shunted/damaged. That window thing is going to cause problems later down the line can feel it!

oh c3 going to rays for service tomorrow. Mpg was 61. But now the engines loosening up/mum setting used to driving it this has increased to 62.58 mpg. :shock: that's doing about 80% town 20% rural roads. I rekon that the 1.4 (on the flat really could do 70+mpg)

thanks
phil
p.s I wonder if its the same sticker as on s1 xms..in which case get my dads mate to knock a few up...sell on the surplus to cover costs.
Xantia Columnist xantia@CitroenCarClub.org
1984 Citroen BX 16 TRS (winner now with working PAS!!)
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (mk 1a. Jan 1994 with antisink valve. Restored by chevronics..new rear quarters fitted etc :shock: )

2009 Citroen C3 1.6Hdi 16v 90bhp Exclusive
mds141
(Donor 2016)

Post by mds141 »

Re the 'Alarme Radio Code' stickers Phil. I bought a couple of NOS ones off eBay last year.
Mark Smith.

1989 Citroen BX Gti 16 valve.
2000 Citroen XM VSX 2.1 TD.