CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

User avatar
citronut
Posts: 12013
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:46 am
Location: United Kingdom east sussex
My Cars:
x 3

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Postby citronut » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:52 am

i thought it was against the louwer to have a convoy these days :shock: :roll: :wink: , you can if you call it a scenic drive #-o :wink:
0 x
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years

User avatar
JonM
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: Birmingham
My Cars:

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Postby JonM » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:11 am

glad you liked it
Last edited by JonM on Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Citroen C4 VTS+ By Loeb [S/N. 0257] - 197.1 bhp [Post Remap] / Torque: 147.2 Ft-Lb [Post Remap]
Citroen 2CV6 Special - 33 BHP - 602cc flat twin air cooled Snail (°\=/°)

User avatar
JonM
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: Birmingham
My Cars:

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Postby JonM » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:14 am

mds141 wrote:
JonM wrote:Well as the pub is totally unchild friendly [we'd go far as to say anti child] & quite frankly last year their attitude stank we wont be eating there
As for the convoy - unsure yet tbc asap
Jon

I must contradict you there Jon. I thought, considering the number of people that showed up for the meal that weren't actually pre-booked, they ( the Shoulder of Mutton ) coped remarkably well.



Thats fine & glad your experience was not like ours...
but fact is If i'd of been on my own or if it was just the two of us without the children maybe my opinion / experience would of been different, but we weren't and sadly our experience was terrible
did you have children with you at the time mds141?
0 x
Citroen C4 VTS+ By Loeb [S/N. 0257] - 197.1 bhp [Post Remap] / Torque: 147.2 Ft-Lb [Post Remap]

Citroen 2CV6 Special - 33 BHP - 602cc flat twin air cooled Snail (°\=/°)

mds141
Donor 2016
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:27 am
Location:
My Cars:

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Postby mds141 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Jon I must admit I don't have any children ( [-o< ) and I admire anybody who has. It's very disappointing, that in this day and age a large percentage of pubs are still family 'unfriendly'. Perhaps they should visit our Gallic cousins to see how it's done. :)
0 x
Mark Smith.

1989 Citroen BX Gti 16 valve.
2000 Citroen XM VSX 2.1 TD.

Citroening
Posts: 2970
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:19 pm
Location: The Fens
My Cars:

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Postby Citroening » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:58 pm

citronut wrote:i thought it was against the louwer to have a convoy these days :shock: :roll: :wink: , you can if you call it a scenic drive #-o :wink:

The old chestnut of convoys is one that crops up from time to time and there's a fair bit of confusion out there regarding it... Researching around it appears that the figure is "up to 12 cars" in a convoy however our "run out" although called a "convoy drive" isn't really a "convoy". This is because each car/driver/codriver has a route booklet and therefore knows the end point and states there are no prizes/awards for getting there first or shortest distance covered. Also cars are set off in intervals however it cannot of course be helped if the cars at the front slow and the people at the back catch up...

Our "run" isn't huge, it's off the beat and track and Jim tries to stay away from junctions involving a right turn to make everything easier. Also with this being a CCC event there is public liability insurance and MSA membership as well.

There's potentially a lot to go into for this such as the Motor Vehicle (Competition and Trails) Regs 1969 as anyone organising an event on the road needs to be authorised. However, there are exceptions to this, which include that when the event is not a competition and therefore are no awards/prizes for the lowest mileage or fastest time covered, no performance tests.

So as long as we're all sensible, stick to the road traffic law and not cause undue holds ups etc then all will be well. :)

---

1. Citroening - C4 - Fri/Sat/Sun - Convoy - Evening Meal.
2. Trainman - C6 - Fri/Sat/Sun - Convoy - Evening Meal.
3. Citroenmad - Activa - Sat/Sun - Convoy - Evening Meal.
4. CitroJim - XM - Xantia V6 (possibly) - Convoy - Evening Meal
5. Hattershaun - Activa or C6 - Convoy - Evening Meal
6. ...
0 x

mds141
Donor 2016
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:27 am
Location:
My Cars:

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Postby mds141 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Franklin, put me down for the meal and convoy/train ride thingy. I'll try and sell my spare kidney on eBay. :)
0 x
Mark Smith.

1989 Citroen BX Gti 16 valve.
2000 Citroen XM VSX 2.1 TD.

Citroening
Posts: 2970
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:19 pm
Location: The Fens
My Cars:

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Postby Citroening » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:30 pm

No probs Mark - thanks. :)

1. Citroening - C4 - Fri/Sat/Sun - Convoy - Evening Meal.
2. Trainman - C6 - Fri/Sat/Sun - Convoy - Evening Meal.
3. Citroenmad - Activa - Sat/Sun - Convoy - Evening Meal.
4. CitroJim - XM - Xantia V6 (possibly) - Convoy - Evening Meal
5. Hattershaun - Activa or C6 - Convoy - Evening Meal
6. Mds141 - Convoy - Evening Meal
7. ...
0 x

PhilGreaves
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:00 pm
Location:
My Cars:
x 1

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Postby PhilGreaves » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Citroening wrote:In the corner?! :shock: I think you mean outside... [-X :wink:

Only joking, all Citroëns are more than welcome to this show be it old or new. In fact, seems that there'll be a fair few DS3s there too as they're combining in with the TRAX show at Silverstone which is on the Sunday.

Very few, if any, of the "Oh it's not a proper Citroen as it's got springs" brigade attend this show...

Personally, if its got chevrons on it, then it's a proper Citroen.

Yes it's the same as the D Rally location - postcode is MK17 0PF, and is the cricket field behind the Pub.


haha well I just checked and I don't have a photo of sm/c3 but I was shocked as we'd parked out of the way. Maybe the sm owner was shy?

Good to know though so thanks for the info. Have to admit I don't like modern cars. <full stop> lol and there aint much id buy modern with my own money but that spec of c3, new shape c4 or c4 coupe loeb with cream interior would be on the list! Im not that bothered about that sort of thing "not a proper citroen" BX Visa Xantia were all produced after 1974 so strictly speaking lol I mean where do you draw the line? Funnily enough one of the many recommendation we got for the c3 came from a DS owner (his c3 is his daily) so you really cant tell these days anyway.

Bit ahead of ourselves but not too interested in the Saturday convoy- will there still be cars stalls and stuff on the Saturday? Suppose sunday is best for stalls though..as per the norm?

thanks
maybe see you there!

Phil
0 x
Xantia Columnist xantia@CitroenCarClub.org
1984 Citroen BX 16 TRS (winner now with working PAS!!)
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (mk 1a. Jan 1994 with antisink valve. Restored by chevronics..new rear quarters fitted etc :shock: )

2009 Citroen C3 1.6Hdi 16v 90bhp Exclusive

Citroening
Posts: 2970
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:19 pm
Location: The Fens
My Cars:

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Postby Citroening » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:34 pm

You'll be waiting a long time for a C4 By Loeb with a cream interior, as they only did them with a red/black combo... :wink:

Yes the show will continue on the Saturday, however the field will be quite empty I would imagine as the majority take part in the convoy...

Historically the Sunday is the busiest day with traders etc being there.
0 x

Citroening
Posts: 2970
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:19 pm
Location: The Fens
My Cars:

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Postby Citroening » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:23 pm

Update re Convoy Drive on Saturday...

Over the past few days Claire, Jim and myself have been finalising details for our convoy drive out to the Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway, on Saturday the 7th and we're pleased to announce these further details below:

- The convoy will leave Little Horwood at Midday, leaving us adequate time to reach Chinnor for 1PM (takes around 45 mins steady driving).

- When forming a queue to leave Little Horwood, route booklet instructions will be handed out, and if you wish to take part in the train ride then payment will be taken (£5 per person) and your details noted down.

- Upon arrival at Chinnor, lunch is available first with a large selection of freshly made sandwiches, pasties, sausage rolls, home-made cake, flapjacks, crisps, chocolate bars etc., along with tea, coffee, cold drinks and beer. There is also a meal deal available for £5 and lunch can be taken in one of their dining coaches in the platform.

- If you've paid for a train ride then this is next in Chinnor's 121 'Bubble Car'.

- Next are the yard and signalbox tours - cost is free!

- Finally a shop for any souvenirs too.


Just a few points that might be of interest if you was wondering...!

- If you don't wish to take part in the convoy you are more than welcome to stay at Little Horwood - committee members will still be on site however I would imagine that the field will be quite empty...!

- If you just wish to come along for the convoy drive and not take part in the train ride that is perfectly fine - feel free to enjoy the drive, lunch and the free tours.

- All cars taking part in the convoy will receive a route booklet with clear instructions kindly provided by Jim.

- The route will be around 30 miles each way - if you don't fancy driving then perhaps try and get a lift with others - we're a friendly bunch really...!


As usual, any questions just ask! Thanks!

--

1. Citroening - C4 - Fri/Sat/Sun - Convoy - Evening Meal.
2. Trainman - C6 - Fri/Sat/Sun - Convoy - Evening Meal.
3. Citroenmad - Activa - Sat/Sun - Convoy - Evening Meal.
4. CitroJim - XM - Xantia V6 (possibly) - Convoy - Evening Meal
5. Hattershaun - Activa or C6 - Convoy - Evening Meal
6. Mds141 - Convoy - Evening Meal
7. ...
0 x

mds141
Donor 2016
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:27 am
Location:
My Cars:

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Postby mds141 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Franklin, could you film the convoy run and put it onto YouTube? Actually a film montage of the CXM in it's entirety would be ace. :)
0 x
Mark Smith.

1989 Citroen BX Gti 16 valve.
2000 Citroen XM VSX 2.1 TD.

User avatar
JonM
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: Birmingham
My Cars:

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Postby JonM » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 am

i'll be taking some video with my GoPro over the weekend
Jon
0 x
Citroen C4 VTS+ By Loeb [S/N. 0257] - 197.1 bhp [Post Remap] / Torque: 147.2 Ft-Lb [Post Remap]

Citroen 2CV6 Special - 33 BHP - 602cc flat twin air cooled Snail (°\=/°)

PhilGreaves
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:00 pm
Location:
My Cars:
x 1

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Postby PhilGreaves » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:21 am

Citroening wrote:You'll be waiting a long time for a C4 By Loeb with a cream interior, as they only did them with a red/black combo... :wink:

Yes the show will continue on the Saturday, however the field will be quite empty I would imagine as the majority take part in the convoy...

Historically the Sunday is the busiest day with traders etc being there.


hate to contradict you but I've sat in a cream one! It was the older version (like your red one in his months little cs column). It was also a petrol one- cant remember the bhp. Still had chevrons on the seat headrests which my mum liked and a light coloured headlining (which again may be different from black ones?) and it was new/just been launched though I cant remember the date. Slim chance I've got a photograph. Anyway to cut along story short my mum sat in it and liked it but it was brand new so out of our price range. She changed her mind and rang up a few days later and it had been sold. Never seen another since. Though I'll admit I don't keep track of modern cars like I do visa or bx etc. or triumph acclaims...don't ask..

In hindsight I'm sure cream wouldn't be a sensible colour anyway for every day use. In fact I'm sure it was part leather too. Only real advantage was the cabin felt very light and airy. Suppose the dealer ordered it in special for the launch. oh it still had red bits on though.

Ahh well Bletchley on the Saturday then. Though may pop in for the evening. Anything going on then? ohh goody, just remember chaps keep me away from any model stalls. in fact if any of you see me with a model slap me! :lol:

so hopefully ill be there..

Phil
p.s for those interested derusting the xantia not going well! it isn't warm enough.
0 x
Xantia Columnist xantia@CitroenCarClub.org
1984 Citroen BX 16 TRS (winner now with working PAS!!)
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (mk 1a. Jan 1994 with antisink valve. Restored by chevronics..new rear quarters fitted etc :shock: )

2009 Citroen C3 1.6Hdi 16v 90bhp Exclusive

Citroening
Posts: 2970
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:19 pm
Location: The Fens
My Cars:

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Postby Citroening » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:00 pm

mds141 wrote:Franklin, could you film the convoy run and put it onto YouTube? Actually a film montage of the CXM in it's entirety would be ace. :)

That is an idea Mark and reminds me of the video that "Finobis" did of the National Rally - link. There is a chap that goes around shows who films the cars and sells them in the back of the Citroenian, but yes a film of the event as well as the usual photos would be nice. Something to investigate... :)
PhilGreaves wrote:hate to contradict you but I've sat in a cream one!

I'm happy to be proved wrong Phil if you can find a photograph however I can assure you that the "By Loeb" edition was only available with it's unique Black and Red seating - the theme continued to the red stitching on the steering wheel, doorcards, gear gaitor etc.

You can indeed get cream leather in a C4 (very rare though!) that's not a By Loeb and the cream colouring was also extended to the lower dash areas too. The one you saw might have been a special order By Loeb with cream and red seats :-& however sounds quite bizarre to me - also if it was in the showroom for sale it's likely that it wasn't a special order...

Regarding headlining, both facelift and prefacelift cars of mine have/had the light headlining.
PhilGreaves wrote:Ahh well Bletchley on the Saturday then. Though may pop in for the evening. Anything going on then?

On the Saturday we've got our convoy to the Chinnor and Princes Risbourgh Railway, and in the evening a meal at the pub. Afterwards usually sees chatting into the early hours of the morning about all things double chevron...

--

1. Citroening - C4 - Fri/Sat/Sun - Convoy - Evening Meal.
2. Trainman - C6 - Fri/Sat/Sun - Convoy - Evening Meal.
3. Citroenmad - Activa - Sat/Sun - Convoy - Evening Meal.
4. CitroJim - XM - Xantia V6 (possibly) - Convoy - Evening Meal
5. Hattershaun - Activa or C6 - Convoy - Evening Meal
6. Mds141 - Convoy - Evening Meal
7. PhilGreaves - Sat/Sun.
8. ...
0 x

PhilGreaves
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:00 pm
Location:
My Cars:
x 1

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Postby PhilGreaves » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:14 pm

Citroening wrote:
PhilGreaves wrote:hate to contradict you but I've sat in a cream one!

I'm happy to be proved wrong Phil if you can find a photograph however I can assure you that the "By Loeb" edition was only available with it's unique Black and Red seating - the theme continued to the red stitching on the steering wheel, doorcards, gear gaitor etc


Nah wont have a photograph as at the time I thought it was 'normal' besides my photos are in date order. Hate to persist but as I say I sat in the damn thing- I was made to get in and out the back as my mum thought she couldn't cope with it being a coupe! :roll: Still my mate on parts thought it hilarious :lol: I evenremember the rear leg room and seat being better than by dads audi coupe. Cant remember the year but I was on their looking for something else i suspect. But I spotted it in the corner tucked away and I didn't know what it was yet my mum like dit so sales staff who told us it was a new special edition by loeb so...I'm guessing with him saying that and first one I saw it would've been at the launch of the c4 loeb. It was brand new with delivery miles. It was a red coupe definitely a loeb with white alloys, cream leather seats with like a suede type material between the red webbing and leather bolsters with red stitching on all the seats and gear lever and stitched bright red chevrons on the headrests. It was also definitely petrol as that's one reason why we didn't buy it. Was bought from evans halshaw. Just trying to think owt else. Oh yeah it was brand new just out with delivery miles as it was at the launch and was numbered too black panel on the door but the number was something odd (211? 222?). The showroom sold it within a few days. Like I said presumably a funny spec due to it being just launched but I can assure you, at least one is like that. As you can tell I remember it quite clearly :wink: and all of the above is from memory (haven't looked at another loeb) and of course one of the main attractions was that it had a cream interior as my mum hates black interiors. I'll have to ask at the garage when I'm next in.

Don't think it would be very practical but it did look good as red and cream obviously look great as a livery and white alloys cream interior sort of worked well. Though the dashboard looked a bit odd- being black it sort of stood out. Slightly off topic but do you know what happened to the very first preproduction batch of c3s in the uk? Given to dealers prior to the launch to show the public what they looked like...its citroen always being crazy.

Citroening wrote:You can indeed get cream leather in a C4 (very rare though!) that's not a By Loeb and the cream colouring was also extended to the lower dash areas too. The one you saw might have been a special order By Loeb with cream and red seats :-& however sounds quite bizarre to me - also if it was in the showroom for sale it's likely that it wasn't a special order...


ahh now that's interesting again when my mum was looking at buying a c4 under motability it was an option and there were photographs in the brochure....but we never actually saw one. Though that was different as you say no webbing and sort of like three panels and no suede. As for the dealer they are a bit funny- they ordered in a c6 in a funny spec colour too..(petrol too maybe?)

Looking forward to this and Bletchley (no offence on missing the convoy!)

Phil
p.s any other recommendations for things to see do in local area? assuming some of you are local to it!
0 x
Xantia Columnist xantia@CitroenCarClub.org
1984 Citroen BX 16 TRS (winner now with working PAS!!)
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (mk 1a. Jan 1994 with antisink valve. Restored by chevronics..new rear quarters fitted etc :shock: )

2009 Citroen C3 1.6Hdi 16v 90bhp Exclusive


Return to “Meets, rallies and get togethers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests