The CCC X Rally - 7th April 2013.

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

User avatar
Citroening
Posts: 2512
Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 21:19

Re: The CCC X Rally - 7th April 2013.

Post by Citroening » 01 Apr 2013, 21:00

Please do, Martin!

We've already got a Pug 407 and Renault Vel Satis coming along!

Eddie Nuff
Posts: 476
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 21:31

Post by Eddie Nuff » 01 Apr 2013, 21:11

Trainman wrote:Little Chef, after the M62 for a quick coffee, same as last year? about 9ish? convoy down after that?
The one at Barnsdale Bar? It's closed.

The one before it, the Waywest?

After that? Not much on a Sunday morning.

User avatar
Trainman
donor 2018
Posts: 2514
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58

Re:

Post by Trainman » 01 Apr 2013, 21:39

Eddie Nuff wrote:
Trainman wrote:Little Chef, after the M62 for a quick coffee, same as last year? about 9ish? convoy down after that?
The one at Barnsdale Bar? It's closed.

The one before it, the Waywest?

After that? Not much on a Sunday morning.
Ah, then Plan B it is....... Waywest Cafe, it is......

If anybody want to meet up, just turn up............ simples :-D

R9UKE
Posts: 1070
Joined: 21 Mar 2010, 22:18

Re: The CCC X Rally - 7th April 2013.

Post by R9UKE » 01 Apr 2013, 21:46

I just clicked the Waywest link to see a food hygiene rating of 1 out of 5. Have fun guys, you might wanna call ahead and reserve a portaloo for the rest of the day or a discreet corner of the field. Enjoy!

User avatar
Citroenmad
Posts: 8106
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08

Re: The CCC X Rally - 7th April 2013.

Post by Citroenmad » 01 Apr 2013, 21:54

:lol: That seems a higly salubrious place!

I think I'll continue straight there :roll:

Early indications suggest the weather might well be on our side [-o<

Northern_Mike

Re: The CCC X Rally - 7th April 2013.

Post by Northern_Mike » 01 Apr 2013, 21:57

Citroening wrote:Please do, Martin!

We've already got a Pug 407 and Renault Vel Satis coming along!
I imagine the Vel Satis will be following the Pug rather closely upon arrival.... :twisted:

Eddie Nuff
Posts: 476
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 21:31

Post by Eddie Nuff » 01 Apr 2013, 22:04

R9UKE wrote:I just clicked the Waywest link to see a food hygiene rating of 1 out of 5. Have fun guys, you might wanna call ahead and reserve a portaloo for the rest of the day or a discreet corner of the field. Enjoy!
That's why I posted the link - I won't be stopping there. :wink:

Northern_Mike

Re: The CCC X Rally - 7th April 2013.

Post by Northern_Mike » 01 Apr 2013, 22:07

Citroenmad wrote::lol: That seems a higly salubrious place!

I think I'll continue straight there :roll:

Early indications suggest the weather might well be on our side [-o<
I hope you get excellent weather for it. I'd be there myself, but I'm in Cornwall for a week from Saturday. In this weather... so yes, I hope it changes for the better too..

Online
User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 14500
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30

Re: The CCC X Rally - 7th April 2013.

Post by myglaren » 01 Apr 2013, 22:51

Bannedbiker wrote:I'd like to come (enjoyed the one last year) but I sold my Xantia a few weeks back.
Would it be ok to come in a vehicle sold in the same Japanese showrooms as Citroen's in the late 1980's/early 1990's?
I'm suggesting a 1997 Eunos Roadster.
Even the handbook and folder have Citroen chevrons beside the Eunos badge.

Heres hoping,

Martin.
You can come in or on anything you like Martin.

If you come on a horse it might get barbecued though :twisted:

User avatar
Trainman
donor 2018
Posts: 2514
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58

Re: The CCC X Rally - 7th April 2013.

Post by Trainman » 02 Apr 2013, 05:20

R9UKE wrote:I just clicked the Waywest link to see a food hygiene rating of 1 out of 5. Have fun guys, you might wanna call ahead and reserve a portaloo for the rest of the day or a discreet corner of the field. Enjoy!
My suggestion was as a meeting point, nothing more...... but hey.... (shrugs shoulders)

Eddie Nuff
Posts: 476
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 21:31

Post by Eddie Nuff » 02 Apr 2013, 17:45

I would say Barnsdale Bar would be halfway on your trip, so if you're leaving at 0700 you would get there for 0830.

User avatar
Trainman
donor 2018
Posts: 2514
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58

Re: The CCC X Rally - 7th April 2013.

Post by Trainman » 02 Apr 2013, 20:06

I think this was where we met last year when it was a Little Chef.

http://motorwayservicesonline.co.uk/Barnsdale_Bar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I may take a bit longer to get there, due to the extra ordinaryly longer 50mph roadworks on the M62, unless they've been moved?

Online
User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 14500
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30

Re: The CCC X Rally - 7th April 2013.

Post by myglaren » 02 Apr 2013, 20:09

If I manage to go, I should be there between 08:30 and 09:00.
An hour an thirty two minutes from here, if Google is to be believed.

Eddie Nuff
Posts: 476
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 21:31

Post by Eddie Nuff » 02 Apr 2013, 20:34

Trainman wrote:I may take a bit longer to get there, due to the extra ordinaryly longer 50mph roadworks on the M62, unless they've been moved?
No, they're still there from J25 - J30.

User avatar
Trainman
donor 2018
Posts: 2514
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58

Re:

Post by Trainman » 02 Apr 2013, 20:42

Eddie Nuff wrote:
Trainman wrote:I may take a bit longer to get there, due to the extra ordinaryly longer 50mph roadworks on the M62, unless they've been moved?
No, they're still there from J25 - J30.

JOY :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: