CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 7-9/09/2012.

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2012.

Post by Trainman »

DickieG wrote:
davetherave wrote:Wont be able to make the ICCCCCCR so im looking forward to this one!
Join the club, totally absurd having the ICCCCCCCCR at the same time as the Olympics :roll:
Oh, is there something else on, apart from ICCCR :?:

:lolhit:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

DickieG wrote:
davetherave wrote:Wont be able to make the ICCCCCCR so im looking forward to this one!
Join the club, totally absurd having the ICCCCCCCCR at the same time as the Olympics :roll:
I don't care about the Olympics. The ICCCR is perfect for me, good time of year and pretty local. Im happy :-D :lol: :roll:

Just need to make plans to get 3 or four cars there.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Citroenmad wrote:
DickieG wrote:
I don't care about the Olympics. The ICCCR is perfect for me, good time of year and pretty local. Im happy :-D :lol: :roll:
The Olympics don't interest me either but like many others I have to work during that period, all leave is cancelled.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I could swear you retired several months ago.
DickieG
My Cars:

Re:

Post by DickieG »

addo wrote:I could swear you retired several months ago.
I did but several weeks ago I accepted a permanent job offer.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Re:

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote:
:shock: :shock:

Well, that is a turn-up for the books...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

CitroJim wrote:Well, that is a turn-up for the books...
My guilt complex has got the better of me as Dawn is still working :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2012 - BIG UPDATE PAGE 3!!!

Post by Citroening »

As mentioned in the DSM Rally thread, there's big news about the CX, XM and Xantia Rally. Following the CX Section Committe Meeting that was held at the DSM, we are pleased to announce details for the Rally (7-9th September). Please see below for the Rally Advert...

As you can see from the advert above, the main change is that it is Free Entry! You don't have to pay a penny to enter the field and camping is free of charge too! No expensive entry here at all...

We will of course have a convoy again, kindly organised by Jim, to Bletchley Park (home of the WW2 Decoding Machine; Enigma, and other interesting features). Jim is organising a scenic route through the lanes and backroads and upon arrival we can park outside the mansion in the oval. Perfect for photos... This is happening on Saturday at 1:00pm and we have a group visit booked - entry is £12 per head. See their website for what this fantastic location has to offer: http://www.bletchleypark.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cooked Buffet Breakfasts are available on Saturday and Sunday Mornings (from 8am to 10am) at the Shoulder of Mutton Pub next to the Rally Site (£4 per head).

The Fish and Chip Van will be coming around on Friday Evening as is the usual...

For Saturday Evening we have organised a meal to be held at the Shoulder of Mutton Pub. A menu was drawn up with the Pub that features a wide choice so (hopefully!) everyone will be catered for. The menu is below, and a vegetarian option will of course be available. Menu subject to change.

Starters - Smoked Salmon, Paté Dish, Tomato and Basil Salad.

Mains - Beef Bourguignon, Coq au Vin, Old Smokey Burger (Pub Special).

Desert - Tart ou Citron, Chocolate Fudge Cake, Profiteroles.

The cost for the meal is £15 per head and will be at 7:30pm on Saturday Evening.

Refreshments on the Saturday and Sunday Afternoons will be available in the kitchen that include Filled Rolls, Tea, Coffee and Soft Drinks.

There will be trophies for Best CX, XM and Xantia present, with rosettes too for 1st, 2nd and 3rd (like the X Rally). Also there is of course the Roger Bradford “Roger’s Choice” Trophy (the car he would exclaim "Good God" at if he had seen it...) and the Eileen Stearnes Trophy (the car that has been brought back from the dead/improved the most and deserves special recognition...)

...and of course the brilliant atmosphere that is only the CX, XM and Xantia Rally!

Don't forget the Pickled Eggs... :lol: :lol: :wink:

See you there! :-D
Franklin
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

DickieG wrote:
The Olympics don't interest me either but like many others I have to work during that period, all leave is cancelled.
Similar issues here, as the route for one of the events goes past our head office in London, and the company have already been told that there will be no access to that office for a week. We also have many people affected by the odd Olympic routes who will be delayed or unable to get to work at all.

The 100m mens final usually interests me, but that's all of 9.5 seconds out of a month..
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Citroening wrote:As mentioned in the DSM Rally thread, there's big news about the CX, XM and Xantia Rally. Following the CX Section Committe Meeting that was held at the DSM, we are pleased to announce details for the Rally (7-9th September). Please see below for the Rally Advert...

Don't forget the Pickled Eggs... :lol: :lol: :wink:

See you there! :-D
Can't be doing with pickled eggs, and I might have to come in a Berlingo, but I shall be there! It's only 32 weeks after my op and I'm supposed to stay out of the way of people for at least two.. Just what the doctor ordered. Might have to wear a surgical mask, but I shall be there!

<thinks>

Damn, does this mean I need to get the tent out? Horror of horrors!
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

DickieG wrote:
The fast pace of retired life got too much for you then Richard :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Deanxm wrote:
DickieG wrote:
The fast pace of retired life got too much for you then Richard :lol:

D
Broken Berlingos I think... :twisted:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Activa_Mike wrote:
<thinks>

I can provide accommodation at CitroJim Towers for you Mike. That's got to be a bit better than a tent....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:
Activa_Mike wrote:
<thinks>

I can provide accommodation at CitroJim Towers for you Mike. That's got to be a bit better than a tent....
That's most kind of you Jim, an offer I shall not refuse! Thank you!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Activa_Mike wrote: That's most kind of you Jim, an offer I shall not refuse! Thank you!
No problem at all Mike :) There's still one place left but whoever has it will be sleeping with a server (not actually, but it's in the same room) and it's a tad noisy.... You've got the quiet room Mike...
Jim