CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 7-9/09/2012.

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 7-9/09/12 - BIG UPDATE PAGE

Post by Citroenmad »

Not washed for two weeks Franklin, you should be ashamed ... I can not remember the last time I washed my C5, it must be a good 2 or 3 months back, which is very unusual for me. Its front wheels look like bare steelies they are so black! :lol: I'll have to get that sorted out next week :oops:

Good choice with the Xantia V6, sounds like we might have quite a gathering 8-)

I have washed and hoovered my V6 Xantia ready for the trip, I'll be there from 12.00 on Saturday :)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

Should be setting off soon, Chloe has taken the bloody sat nav to work though so I cant take the Cx as the spedo is broken and the Xm doesnt want to bloody start as usual!
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I'll see you later this evening Dave. Our XMs can sell hello...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
xenton

Post by xenton »

:cry: I've woke up this morning feeling absolute :!: and start a new job on Monday. I'm going to rest up and try and get sorted for Monday, which means I'm not going to make it on Sat :cry: . Was really looking forward to meeting you guys as well. I will hopefully be seeing at least one of you in the not too distant future as I still need a lexia to confirm I need a new high pressure fuel pump available only from citroen :shock: . Next time there is a meet or rally not too far I'll come meet you all then.
Mark D.
2001 C5 2.0 HPi exec.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

xenton wrote::cry: I've woke up this morning feeling absolute :!: and start a new job on Monday. I'm going to rest up and try and get sorted for Monday, which means I'm not going to make it on Sat :cry: . Was really looking forward to meeting you guys as well. I will hopefully be seeing at least one of you in the not too distant future as I still need a lexia to confirm I need a new high pressure fuel pump available only from citroen :shock: . Next time there is a meet or rally not too far I'll come meet you all then.
there's usually a few DiS-LEXIA's at these meetings, so there is a good reason for you to come along :shock: :roll: :lol: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Standing outside the clubhouse at the moment - good turnout already with a nice range of cars.

Some of the regulars here already...

Rubbishy phone pic..

Franklin
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Fabulous turnout already - had the convoy run to Bletchley and there were 38 cars on that which was quite amazing.

Weather is glorious and will be heading back to Little Horwood in a bit.

Picture of a picture on the camera, but this was just one half of one side of the convoy!

Franklin
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Going through the bad lands of Bletchley it is always wise to be armed Image

38 cars set out, 35 made it, half the convoy went the wrong way* but it wouldn't be a proper Citroen convoy if that didn't happen :)

*Possibly Kev's fault
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Great picture Xac :-D

I have only one word to say about CXm this year: fantastic :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I'm burned and completely worn-out. I'm going to be suffering big-time over the next few days... It was worth it...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

evening gents, just to say seeing as how i left in a rush if i didnt say goodbye to you it was nice to meet you all and i will see you again same time next year :wink:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
messerschmitt owner
My Cars:

Post by messerschmitt owner »

Dean nice to meet you, and Citrojim too! Sorry I couldn't help with the Xantia spares pile!
Bought a sunroof wind deflector for the XM estate and was complimented on it a couple of times, even with it's obvious sticky height adjuster.

Am heading for a 600 mile endurance on a 2.0TCT fuel tank thanks to a smooth trip there and back.
Image My XMs
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Yes nice to see you too, you should have given me a kick, i still didnt buy you that drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That Estate of yours is a very, very tidy car, i like it!

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
messerschmitt owner
My Cars:

Post by messerschmitt owner »

Deanxm wrote:Yes nice to see you too, you should have given me a kick, i still didnt buy you that drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That Estate of yours is a very, very tidy car, i like it!

D
Dean

the drink can wait!! (until a time I can drink and not drive - lol)

My list of things I need to do to the VSX is quite short, but includes:

sorting that height adjuster, wiggling the exhaust mounts as it vibrates against the little guard next to the cat when in gear, finding a set of decent rubber mats, fitting my sunroof wind deflector (did I mention I bought one at the rally ;) ), and a good polish before winter sets in! I'll sort out the couple of teeny dents then too. I think then it'll be a stunning car.

It was a fantastic rally, with some great bods and some fabulous cars - the Exclusive parked next to mine was particularly superb.

You mentioned what I was doing with the VSX! I think it'll be kept for a while - I'd sell it if a similar VSX 2.1TD came up for sale but it'd need to be a good car.

Campbell
Image My XMs
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Well, what an absolutely fantastic weekend - the only bad thing was that it came to an end... :wink:

Glorious weather and a fantastic turnout indeed which was great to see - definitely over 150 cars and I'll have a look at the exact figures sometime.

Luckily the journey back was better that the one on Friday (!) as we flew back in great time with little traffic. :-D

Thanks to all that came along, and also the other organisers because it just wouldn't have been possible without everyone. =D> =D>

569 was the final count of pictures so I'll have to start sorting them out soon...

Great cars and great people - nice to see everyone again. :-D Was also very nice that the C4 was welcomed and received positive comments... :wink:
Franklin
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

Apologies to those who I didnt manage to say goodbye to!
I had a great weekend and even with the three days there was not enough time to talk to everyone!

Journey back to norwich was not bad at all, did it in just over a couple of hours.
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s